GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where?

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #1  

exohomestead

Bronze Member
Tractor
MH CG2310, White GT205, Cessna 140
When I disconnect the backhoe from my GC2310, there are 3 hydraulic hoses that will disconnect. What do I do with the hoses on the tractor side? I'm hopeful if I do it right, the PTO lift levers will work; is that correct?

Specifically which hoses connect together and what do I do with the third one? If able, please refer to them by physical location because I have no visual indicators on them.
What are the purposes of three hoses? I imagine fluid to the BH and from the BH, but what is the 3rd line function?
Do I need some sort of a female to female adapter to connect hoses without the BH?
The PTO lifter levers are not active with the BH attached. Am I right to assume they will start working if I remove the BH and get the correct hoses on the tractor connected together?

~ Exo

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #2  
Not familiar with your specific tractor but; the third line is for the power beyond (PB) which has to connect to the power (P) that fed the backhoe (BH) valve array, the other one goes back to the reservoir tank (T). The PB line connects back to the P line when BH is off the tractor as that powers the 3 point. The T line just plugs and does nothing W/O the BH. The P and PB have mating connectors. It may be 50-50 on reconnecting. You may be able to see where the T line enters the tank or a hydraulic block. Where is your manual? It should show which is which.

Ron

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #3  
When I disconnect the backhoe from my GC2310, there are 3 hydraulic hoses that will disconnect. What do I do with the hoses on the tractor side? I'm hopeful if I do it right, the PTO lift levers will work; is that correct?

Specifically which hoses connect together and what do I do with the third one? If able, please refer to them by physical location because I have no visual indicators on them.
What are the purposes of three hoses? I imagine fluid to the BH and from the BH, but what is the 3rd line function?
Do I need some sort of a female to female adapter to connect hoses without the BH?
The PTO lifter levers are not active with the BH attached. Am I right to assume they will start working if I remove the BH and get the correct hoses on the tractor connected together?

~ Exo

Hi exo,

Listed at the bottom is Page 18 of my 2009 MF Backhoe CB05:

This should answer all of the questions you have asked as they have a picture with the 3 hoses identified.

The hose #3, which is a direct return to the transmission sump and the location is just below the hydraulic transmission fluid filler neck.

Only thing you need to know about hose #1 and hose #2 is "TO CONNECT THEM TOGETHER WHEN THE BACKHOE IS REMOVED".

These 2 hoses are commonly referred to as, the P = power hose #1, and PB = power beyond hose #2.

Hose #3 is commonly referred to as the T = return to tank hose and is left loose when the backhoe is removed.

KC

View attachment Page 18 BH Manual.pdf

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #4  
Yep, what KC said.

As soon as those two are hooked together, PTO/MMM lift systems will work. (They will NOT unless hoses #1 & #2 are connected.) There should be a plug for the third hose, just to keep debris out of it. You can then figure out your own system for "storing" the hoses out of the way of the PTO lift arms while using the PTO or MMM.

I've said this a lot, but it still holds true: if you have three 24" (or a bit less) extensions made for the BH hoses --and leave connected to the BH-- it will make hook-up of the BH infinitely easier. You'll be able to have the tractor close but still have room to work between the BH and the rear of the tractor to make hydraulic connections. With hydraulics hooked up, you can manipulate the controls to get the BH lifted up and correctly positioned to mate up to the tractor for physical attachment. (Then just back up the tractor.)

Holler if you need pics.

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #5  
Yep, what KC said.

As soon as those two are hooked together, PTO/MMM lift systems will work. (They will NOT unless hoses #1 & #2 are connected.) There should be a plug for the third hose, just to keep debris out of it. You can then figure out your own system for "storing" the hoses out of the way of the PTO lift arms while using the PTO or MMM.

I've said this a lot, but it still holds true: if you have three 24" (or a bit less) extensions made for the BH hoses --and leave connected to the BH-- it will make hook-up of the BH infinitely easier. You'll be able to have the tractor close but still have room to work between the BH and the rear of the tractor to make hydraulic connections. With hydraulics hooked up, you can manipulate the controls to get the BH lifted up and correctly positioned to mate up to the tractor for physical attachment. (Then just back up the tractor.)

Holler if you need pics.

Another great tip from irvingj,

The 3 backhoe 24" extension hoses!

I haven't got around to this one yet, but I did line my snowblower discharge chute with UHMW last year thanks to irvingj's tip...

KC

/ GC2310 disconnect backhoe, which hydraulic hoses go where? #6  
My hoses were color coded when new from the dealer although I assumed it was from factory.

One or two have broken off and then when I swapped out the fel connections aside the hood I made sure I replaced those colors from zip ties.

Easy peasy with the colors.