Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,241  
Mine isn't (as other posters know). The oil fill on the Portland corded pole saw is about the diameter of the end of a toothpaste tube...lol and it don't hold much, maybe 1 fluid ounce at most. Very limited oil capacity.

I will say the motor seems to be powerful enough though. Powers right through limbs, no issue. Not sure the cordless ones have that much gumption but then I don't know never have had one to compare.

My cordless has tons of qumption (new word for me)

HT 13 Pole Pruner | Professional Pole Pruner | STIHL USA

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,242  
The HF battery powered one is actually very good. The motor is strong and the battery lasts longer than I do. I had an oak tree where I used it to cut 8" branches up so I'd rate it pretty high. And the oil tank apparently is bigger with a bigger cap because I can fill it from a gallon jug.

I assume you’re describing the Lynxx 40 volt pole saw? I’ve got the pole saw, chain saw, and the leaf blower. I use the pole saw a lot for trimming up lower branches on oak trees for clearance for tractors. I also use the pole saw for cutting down cedars. I can reach in and notch it in the direction I want it to fall, the cut backside until it goes over. The battery life is very good and use of Oregon bar and chain is a plus.

When I got my 40 volt chain saw it leaked oil bad. I took it back to the store, for an exchange, and the manager told me to keep the battery and charger so .. I now have a spare battery.

I keep some bar oil in a mustard container .. flow is very controllable. I also use a similar mustard container for blue marker dye for sprayers.

IMG_1815.jpg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,244  
Most likely 3 times the price of my HF Portland. I can deal with the small fill port for the price.

Probably more like 8 times the price..

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,245  
I assume you豎*e describing the Lynxx 40 volt pole saw? I閾エe got the pole saw, chain saw, and the leaf blower. I use the pole saw a lot for trimming up lower branches on oak trees for clearance for tractors. I also use the pole saw for cutting down cedars. I can reach in and notch it in the direction I want it to fall, the cut backside until it goes over. The battery life is very good and use of Oregon bar and chain is a plus.

When I got my 40 volt chain saw it leaked oil bad. I took it back to the store, for an exchange, and the manager told me to keep the battery and charger so .. I now have a spare battery.

I keep some bar oil in a mustard container .. flow is very controllable. I also use a similar mustard container for blue marker dye for sprayers.

View attachment 653034

Yes, Lynxx 40 volt pole saw, and I like it well enough that the string trimmer is on my list for the next time I get to HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,246  
If you are going to spend that much, may as well go the distance and get a real one.. just my thinking..

No "real ones" available anywhere near me that I could find. I was not going to buy one that I couldn't lay hands on first. I was able to actually lay my hands on one of these, and liked what I saw. It also helped that they had a sale on the Hercules model right when her old saw bit the dust. With the sale going on, the price difference was about $100. I liked the Hercules enough better that it justified the extra cost for me.

As mentioned, it suits my wife's needs just fine (she has made furniture and cabinets with it).

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,247  
No "real ones" available anywhere near me that I could find. I was not going to buy one that I couldn't lay hands on first. I was able to actually lay my hands on one of these, and liked what I saw. It also helped that they had a sale on the Hercules model right when her old saw bit the dust. With the sale going on, the price difference was about $100. I liked the Hercules enough better that it justified the extra cost for me.

As mentioned, it suits my wife's needs just fine (she has made furniture and cabinets with it).

No lowes or homedepot or anything like that?

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,248  
Yes, Lynxx 40 volt pole saw, and I like it well enough that the string trimmer is on my list for the next time I get to HF.
I have all 5 of the Lynxx tools. The string trimmer is only one I would not give a five star to. String trimmer does not auto feed new string like it should. I used all 5 tools today.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #13,249  
I have all 5 of the Lynxx tools. The string trimmer is only one I would not give a five star to. String trimmer does not auto feed new string like it should. I used all 5 tools today.

I've read that it works better if you throw away the string and restring it with better quality line.