I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #71  
Krempasky Equipment in Honesdale
Is Honesdale PA near the seller? They are Mahindra dealer
You could use them as a 3rd party.
There’s also a Mahindra dealer in Bloomsbug.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #72  
I messed up, I should have asked where seller is located, not you.
Where is seller located?

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept
the original tractor was in new york, i can look up dealers, i appreciate the help, the thread has helped. i will try some of the options here, but i don't have a lot of faith in people so i don't expect many to agree to any offer other then cash in person. initially i thought transportation was going to be my issue, didn't even think payment was going to be my stop point

Thanks Hay Dude

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #74  
I sell tons of stuff that I have accumulated over the years, including tractors, skid steers, woodchippers, tools, vehicles, trucks, RV's, truck campers you name it and I've probably had it and sold it.

I tell everyone that comes out I ONLY take cash and I will swipe every bill with a Money Marker Counterfeit Bill Detector Pen or if it's a lot of cash I run it through a bill counter that also detects counterfeit bills.

Those are my rules and they can live by them or go buy somewhere else. I do it upfront so they or I am not uncomfortable when I go through the process. I think by me saying it upfront or in the add stops a lot of attempts of using fake bills on me anyway.

My Brother does quite a few garage sales and he informed me of the huge amount of counterfeit bill being passed at local cash sales like garage sales, craigslist etc.

He did get stung once with a bogus $20.00 and he learned his lesson.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #75  
the original tractor was in new york, i can look up dealers, i appreciate the help, the thread has helped. i will try some of the options here, but i don't have a lot of faith in people so i don't expect many to agree to any offer other then cash in person. initially i thought transportation was going to be my issue, didn't even think payment was going to be my stop point

Thanks Hay Dude

Try it. The seller maybe cooperative. Heck, he probably bought the tractor from a nearby dealer and gets parts/service there.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #76  
Four or five years ago bought a pickup from an individual about 100 miles away. I had seen and test drove the pickup on the first trip. There was another near this one was also considering. When we had agreed on the pricing and all we set appointment with a branch of my bank near the seller. That was handled by my banker. There was a small loan plus large down payment by me for the total price. My bank pulled my money from my account and wrote their checks to the seller. They also handled the paperwork on bill of sale and title which the seller brought with him. It was a very good experience. Just seconding the recommendation of using your bank if possible.

The issue on is it clear of any liens or stolen...know your seller is all I can say. Might add some security to finance at least part of it with a lender. Then think they would do the searching for liens as much as possible. Know a person who worked for a major tractor dealership who was stealing tractors and such, selling them out of the area. No idea how the dealership picked up on something was wrong but fired him. Later he was caught with stolen equipment twice. Yep legal system went to work and caught him the third time this one trying to sell a stolen machine to a client of mine. Happened to be at his business when it went down. Yes sir the good dependable legal system...probation.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #77  
If I am carry 10-20K in cash, I am carrying a side arm.
If I am making arraignments to carry 10-20K in cash to meet a stranger, I am carrying a side arm and my friend is carrying too.

I was buying a jeep off of CL a few years back, pictures were almost to good to be true.
Made arraignments to buy it, it was in the city.

I turned my truck and trailer around about 2 blocks from picking it up,, my gut was telling me something was wrong.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #78  
If I am carry 10-20K in cash, I am carrying a side arm.
If I am making arraignments to carry 10-20K in cash to meet a stranger, I am carrying a side arm and my friend is carrying too.

I was buying a jeep off of CL a few years back, pictures were almost to good to be true.
Made arraignments to buy it, it was in the city.

I turned my truck and trailer around about 2 blocks from picking it up,, my gut was telling me something was wrong.

"I am carrying a side arm and my friend is carrying too."

And....if you are doing that in NY, NJ, CT, MA. etc, you are likely BOTH going to jail!

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #79  
It was discussed in a referenced thread but I'll say it again. If you get pulled over for a license plate light out and have large $$$$ amounts of cash they can take that cash depending on the states civil asset forfeiture laws.

/ I want to buy your tractor... what will you accept #80  
It was discussed in a referenced thread but I'll say it again. If you get pulled over for a license plate light out and have large $$$$ amounts of cash they can take that cash depending on the states civil asset forfeiture laws.

I had not heard of that, but I can certainly see that as a real possibility.
Suspected drug money, would likely be the purported justification.