HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Happy Father's day to all of the Fathers out there; and for those of us whose Fathers have passed on, I offer this tribute by Merle Haggard:

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #2  
Happy Father's day to all of the Fathers out there; and for those of us whose Fathers have passed on, I offer this tribute by Merle Haggard:

Thanks 2Lane. I spoke with my own father this morning, he is not doing well health wise, and feels he is approaching the end of the road. I told him to hold his head high and know without fail that he is a good man. It's hard to hear your own dad cry....

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #3  
I'm blessed to be able to make a 6 hour road trip with my wife this weekend to Bend Oregon, to be with my son, his wife, and my 3mo grandaughter. Today my son and I will play a round of golf together. Very much looking forward to the fresh air, exercise, and conversation.

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #4  
My Dad raised me on a farm. Very hard working man. Played just as hard. Would work on the farm all day and then spend a couple hours in the Summer evenings playing Tether Ball with my brother and I in the front yard. Hunted and fished primarily for food, secondarily because he enjoyed it. Always involved us kids. Taught me many life lessons that I use today.

I am Blessed to have purchased the farm I grew up on. The outbuildings are still here. We built a house to live in. I see my Dad's hand every time I walk into the old outbuildings.

I tried to be that Dad with my boys. We see each other every 2 or 3 days. Going to one Son's house this evening for a cookout. My boys enjoy the same hobbies I do and we play together frequently.

Miss Dad daily.

Here's a pic of me and my Dad after a day of hand fishing in the river.

495.JPG

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #5  
The daughter sent me a nice card and a couple face masks that she'd made. RT and I posed with ours.

Ralph

Attachments

• Ralph and RT with masks.jpg
    Ralph and RT with masks.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 68
   / HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
My Dad raised me on a farm. Very hard working man. Played just as hard. Would work on the farm all day and then spend a couple hours in the Summer evenings playing Tether Ball with my brother and I in the front yard. Hunted and fished primarily for food, secondarily because he enjoyed it. Always involved us kids. Taught me many life lessons that I use today.

I am Blessed to have purchased the farm I grew up on. The outbuildings are still here. We built a house to live in. I see my Dad's hand every time I walk into the old outbuildings.

I tried to be that Dad with my boys. We see each other every 2 or 3 days. Going to one Son's house this evening for a cookout. My boys enjoy the same hobbies I do and we play together frequently.

Miss Dad daily.

Here's a pic of me and my Dad after a day of hand fishing in the river.

View attachment 660508

Great picture...reminds me of myself, having spent several years living in Pierce City. Somewhere is a similar picture of my Dad holding a 32 pound flathead, that was caught in the Grand River. Oh, it just occurred to me that there is a picture of my old school house, called "Chapman School" on the internet. It was moved from rural Pierce City to the Jolly Mill, I believe. I'll see if I can find it. Times were hard then, but we were all poor, and just didn't know it.

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #7  
Times were hard then, but we were all poor, and just didn't know it.

Absolutely. I've said that many times. I had a great childhood and a great Dad to help me thru it.

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #8  
Richard thats a big cat ! Did you guys ever get one bigger and just didnt get a pic of it ?

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #9  
Richard thats a big cat ! Did you guys ever get one bigger and just didnt get a pic of it ?

No, I think that was the biggest, 42lbs. Not sure what these in the other pic weighed.

I was the "hole plugger". Would usually get these out of a brush pile in the river. Dad would lay me across an exit and pack mud around me. "Don't you move Rich, stay right there". This fish tried to push me out of the hole a couple times. But I stayed. Dad went under water and into the brush pile. Thrashing and thumping around for 30 seconds or so. Then his head appeared. "Give me the rope Rich and you can get out of your hole". I stood up, handed him the rope, still only seeing his head. Little more thrashing around and he handed me the end of the rope. "Don't you let him get away". I took the end of the rope and backed away from the brush pile in 2ft deep water. Fish on other end of the rope. He'd almost yank me off my feet. Dad laughing the whole time saying "Don't let him get away!!!" Dad's wrists looked like he'd filed them with a wood rasp. Fish had his hands in it's mouth at different times.

Moments like these remind me of how good of Dad I had.

Here's another "catch".

87.JPG

/ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY #10  
We were not poor Richard, I know my dad and granddad made me feel very "rich". Rich in the knowledge they shared with me and my brother . . . :drink: