2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL

/ 2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL #1  

swampy6

Gold Member
Foothills of The Adirondacks, New York State
Tractor
Mahindra 4540 4WD
We have a 2016 Mahindra 4540 with a backhoe with just over 1000 hours on it, I was just wondering what the trade in value would be if we were looking to buy the 2638 with Cab with A/C and heat.

I had a worker from the local Mahindra dealer tell me our 4540 is in excellent shape, it's never been in for any repairs.

Thanks
Mike

/ 2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL #2  
Is your 4540 2WD or 4WD?

Cab or open station??

HST or shift???

Any other attachments beside the backhoe? (FEL)

Any implements included, or will you use them on the new tractor?

(Is your 3 point hitch category 1 or category 2)

Ag tires or R4's

I'm not a salesman, and I don't know if some of these considerations would even affect the trade-in price.

But a brand new 2638 Cab would be nice. I just recently bought a 2638 open station TLB...still awaiting delivery.

IMHO, I think the cab model without a backhoe would compare nicely (price-wise) to an open station model with a backhoe.

Good luck with your tractor shopping, and be sure to let us know what kind of deal you are able to work out.

:tractor: ding beep

Last edited:
   / 2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL
Is your 4540 2WD or 4WD?

Cab or open station??

HST or shift???

Any other attachments beside the backhoe? (FEL)

Any implements included, or will you use them on the new tractor?

(Is your 3 point hitch category 1 or category 2)

Ag tires or R4's

I'm not a salesman, and I don't know if some of these considerations would even affect the trade-in price.

But a brand new 2638 Cab would be nice. I just recently bought a 2638 open station TLB...still awaiting delivery.

IMHO, I think the cab model without a backhoe would compare nicely (price-wise) to an open station model with a backhoe.

Good luck with your tractor shopping, and be sure to let us know what kind of deal you are able to work out.

It's 4 wheel drive and yes you have to shift it, it has Ag tires. We ended up going with a Kubota RTV-X1100C with a cab,a/c,heat with a windshield wiper. It also will have a V-Plow on it with a 24.8 HP diesel.

We decided since the Rhino Yamaha we bought in 2007 has almost 7600 miles on it that we would go with the RTV, if something happens to the Rhino we're set. We still have the tractor for the heavy snow and if anything happened to me, the wife could sell the tractor and still plow the driveway with the RTV.

I understand that when you're in business you need to make money on your sales but the dealer has paid more for some junk tractors than he offered us for the 4540 which is in great shape.

We have forks, a plow with a third function kit. The 4540 hasn't met a snowfall that it couldn't handle and that's without chains.

/ 2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL #4  
Great news! This solution sounds like it will work well for your family.

Plenty of life left in the tractor, and it's already paid-for, along with some nice implements.

A cabbed Kubota sounds sweet. My brother-in-law just got one. He loves it on his farm. He was using quads...

I put plenty of miles on our Polaris Ranger but it is also an open station model (roof and half windshield but no doors or windows)

Open station equipment is a challenge in the winter, but nobody says I have to stay outside all day long.

/ 2638 Mahindra with Cab and FEL
Great news! This solution sounds like it will work well for your family.

Plenty of life left in the tractor, and it's already paid-for, along with some nice implements.

A cabbed Kubota sounds sweet. My brother-in-law just got one. He loves it on his farm. He was using quads...

I put plenty of miles on our Polaris Ranger but it is also an open station model (roof and half windshield but no doors or windows)

Open station equipment is a challenge in the winter, but nobody says I have to stay outside all day long.

I hope it works out for us, it will at least be warmer if I choose the RTV when plowing but for me there's something about being out in the cold air in the winter.