Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #1  

HiddenHollow

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400 Extra Power, Ford 8n
I have been to a couple auctions and looked online at older manure spreaders. The prices are very high. A New Idea spreader on steel wheels that needed a lot of work sold for 1100.00. What is driving the price up? Not to long ago you could get a working New Holland 328 spreader for around 500.00. We stopped farming a few years back do to health issues and we got started again last year. I don't see how the covid thing could affect manure spreaders.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #2  
The growth of the internet means there is much more manure spreading going on.

:)

It also seems to be a popular "yard ornament" for new rural residents.

Bruce

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #3  
People want old stuff with steel wheels

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #4  
The growth of the internet means there is much more manure spreading going on.

:)

It also seems to be a popular "yard ornament" for new rural residents.

Bruce

+100 on that. Lots on 'Manure' on this site needs spreading....................:laughing:

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #5  
Yard art and flower planters. Neighbor just sold two sitting in an old barn to be torn down for 1000+ each to a landscaper. He'll get more out of them when he resales.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #6  
I never understood it. I get putting a plow in the front yard as lawn art but sh^t spreaders? I made the wife a flower planter out of some cast wheels from a hundred year old sickle bar mower (the rest of the mower was long gone). But the wheels were cheap compared to the fake stuff made in China that Tractor Supply was selling. Also they will last another 100 years without an issue.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #7  
A manure spreader is much more efficient and less messy than a fan when the SHTF.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #8  
A manure spreader is much more efficient and less messy than a fan when the SHTF.

Actually 'big farm' not hobby poop spreaders use a fan arrangement to spread it. It's called a side slinger.

/ Crazy prices for old rusty manure spreaders. #9  
Built by Hu Flung Dung Inc?