ROPS Mounted Tool Box?

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #1  

hube2

Veteran Member
Tractor
Masey Ferguson GC1725M
Hi,

I am looking for an ROPS mounted tool box for my MF GC1725M.

I have found one at www(dot)bxpanded(dot)com(slash)ROPS-tool-box (sorry, won't let me post a link)

I'm not sure if this will work on my tractor or not or if it will, which configuration to get. I can't put it on my right because I'm pretty sure that will interfere with fueling. I can't put it behind me because that will interfere with my operation of my rear mounted snow blower. So pretty sure it needs to be on my left.

Maybe I'm a little slow, but I do not fully comprehend their configuration diagram. I'm guessing that I need configuration B.

I also cannot tell by looking at the information I can find if it will interfere with my PTO controls (on the left) or if my left arm rest will be a problem. I don't want to order the wrong one, or find out that I just can't use it at all.

Wondering if anyone has any experiences mounting one of these on a MF 1700 series tractor or if anyone can give me any advice before I spend the money.

Thanks for looking,

~JH

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #2  
My 1025R had and the 2025R has a metal piece going left to right to/from the ROPS on which the toolbox is mounted. It's like in their picture except that it goes all the way across.

Ralph

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #3  
It all depends on what you really need to carry in the tool box.
For me A few clips and pins, shackle and a couple shear bolts, rag.
All fits in a colorful (orange) plastic waterproof "Ammo Can" behind the seat

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box?
What I plan to have with me in winter is, shear bolts for the blower, wrenches/ratchet. I'm also getting a set of edge tamers for my FEL, which I realized that I'll need to take off to back blade around vehicles and such so I'll want to put them in the box when not in use, plus any tools I need to get them on and off. That's it for now but anything else I find that I use once winter gets here.

This is my first year with setup, the last thing I had was a JD LA175 yard tractor with a blower on it. Went though a lot of shear bolts in heavy wet snow. It really wasnyt up to the 2+ (sometimes +++) feet of snow plus the drifts I get.

I don't really know what to expect of the shear pins on the Woods SB56S I got along with the tractor and it has 2 different pins. I'm looking to avoid going "back to the barn" for anything once I'm out moving snow the way I constantly needed to do with the JD on the

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box?
Thanks for the suggestion, but that would interfere with operation of my snowblower chute as it is manual so I need to be able to reach through the ROPS to operate. I'd like a remote control on the chute, but with everything I spent this year that's probably not in the cards, and I don't even know if they make one that fits my blower.

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #7  
Is there not a risk that, in the event of a rollover, anything on the ROPS might itself cause an injury (possibly a serious head injury, depending on where it is mounted)?

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #8  
IMG_20201129_080248.jpg

ROPS Mounted Tool Box

Facing forward from seat..
Looks like "A" only mounts on the left side of can/bracket
And "B" only mounts on the ride side of can/bracket.
Depending on how you want to mount it would depend on which one to choose.

/ ROPS Mounted Tool Box? #9  
This is what works for me on my GC 1715.. If course if you have BH it wont work...

DSC01773.JPG

A lot will depend on what you want to carry.... For me, a couple of spare lynch pins, a spare shackle tor two, some "mechanics wire" a couple of rags and a pair of fencing pliers and a adjustable end wrench (for loosening or tightening shackles) .. If I need bigger tools, I take tractor up to garage where I have whole assortment of "serious" tools.....

I think a $70 gimmick bracket is a little expensive for $15 .50cal box and some folded sheet steel...

Metal .5 Caliber Ammo Can

Dale