MT3

/ MT3
At work I will try when I get to town

/ MT3 #12  
Sat in the mt353? Today. Wasn’t as large as a cab as I was expecting. It’s still on my list as the Massey dealership didn’t have a similar cabbed tractor, nor did the KIOTI dealer.

/ MT3
I got her and have 20 hours on it, man how did i ever live without one. I work remote and will try to post a pic. I like the linked petal it makes operation very smooth.

I also got my EA grapple and land plane put in in the shop and went to work ...... didn't get to set up and run.

/ MT3
Back from work,the land plane works good the more I use it the better I get, The cab is big enough for me but my lab wont fit.. grapple works great also the EA stuff is heavy duty built real well. the only problem I had so far is the loader would not lift all the way up due to a hydraulic fitting coming uncoupled but thats it.

/ MT3 #16  
I went back to dealer today and “test drove” the Mt 3 57 and was impressed with everything that came standard. Dealer said to run the hydro at 2200 rpms. When I did that, it sounded super loud...but I guess that’s the difference between running a car and a tractor (never owned a tractor before). I Think my search for a tractor has ended...gonna go with the mt357 after I pour concrete in my barn...slated for March.

/ MT3 #17  
I use to never run my XR4140hc less than 1500 rpms. I usually "used" the tractor at 2000 rpms or more if I was doing anything that would put a load on it.

But, with the new MT342 linked peddle feature, I find myself setting that at idle and letting the peddles run the RPMs up. I would still probably set it at 1500 if I was doing any load work. That new feature really makes hst that much better.

But running at 2200 rpms all the time, even just for driving around sounds like a waste.

In case you wanted to see the new tractor: NEW LS Tractor MT342 Overview - YouTube

/ MT3 #18  
I use to never run my XR4140hc less than 1500 rpms. I usually "used" the tractor at 2000 rpms or more if I was doing anything that would put a load on it.

But, with the new MT342 linked peddle feature, I find myself setting that at idle and letting the peddles run the RPMs up. I would still probably set it at 1500 if I was doing any load work. That new feature really makes hst that much better.

But running at 2200 rpms all the time, even just for driving around sounds like a waste.

In case you wanted to see the new tractor: NEW LS Tractor MT342 Overview - YouTube

Very informative, thank you.

Did you have issues with your prior tractor or just wanted an upgrade?

/ MT3
I am a new tractor owner also, so Know just about a little but learning everyday, I run it the same way let the linked peddle run the rpms unless doing loader or grapple work , will run rpms to 1600 seems to make bucket/grapple operate quicker. I really like the tractor one of these days I will sit down for a minute and try to post pics LOL

Just watched your UTube video good job I subscribed

Last edited:
   / MT3 #20  
I believe the 2000 or 2200 rpm recommendation is for the hydro only and I believe it is supposed to reduce the frequency of re-gens. Curious when either of you guys running the linked peddle encounter your first regency. Please keep us posted. Thanks!!!