MT3

/ MT3 #21  
New 342 - no linked peddle, and first regen just occurred (with no issues) at 20.1 hours. I know you specifically asked about the S-HST linked peddle - but I thought I'd add my experience here. I work in the DPF industry- and for active DPF's, they are usually both time and/or back pressure based scheduled regens. My LS is an active system, so the 20 hour mark makes sense as a timed regen (vs a back pressure based regen). I've been running at 1500-2000 rpm for light loader work and 2200 rpm for heavier work. Only 25 hours so it's too early to tell how that's going to work out for me, but so far getting a timed regen (I'm assuming that due to the clock coincidence) is a good sign.

/ MT3 #22  
I believe the 2000 or 2200 rpm recommendation is for the hydro only and I believe it is supposed to reduce the frequency of re-gens. Curious when either of you guys running the linked peddle encounter your first regency. Please keep us posted. Thanks!!!
The rpm recommendations don't matter what transmission you have. Gear or hydro the DPF fills up just the same.

/ MT3 #23  
I use to never run my XR4140hc less than 1500 rpms. I usually "used" the tractor at 2000 rpms or more if I was doing anything that would put a load on it.

But, with the new MT342 linked peddle feature, I find myself setting that at idle and letting the peddles run the RPMs up. I would still probably set it at 1500 if I was doing any load work. That new feature really makes hst that much better.

But running at 2200 rpms all the time, even just for driving around sounds like a waste.

In case you wanted to see the new tractor: NEW LS Tractor MT342 Overview - YouTube
Saw your video. Some quick changes that I saw today looking at the 357.

Outside door handle
Inside door grab bar has no vertical bar
Radiator spacing is opened up
Outside mirrors are different at the hinge
CAT 2 3pt on implement side only
Different cubbies on the left side of seat
Steering wheel is still to **** low
PTO neutral lever
Loader uses like 1/4" hoses vs the old 3/8"
Some differences in hydro linkages
Rubber front valve stems
No valve stem protector
Titan tires

No one was able to tell me what the S in S-HST stood for.

More to come once I get the tractor.

/ MT3 #24  
I believe the 2000 or 2200 rpm recommendation is for the hydro only and I believe it is supposed to reduce the frequency of re-gens. Curious when either of you guys running the linked peddle encounter your first regency. Please keep us posted. Thanks!!!

My MT357HC had it's first regen today at 39 hours. Seemed to last only about 15 minutes.

During a regen the RPMs need to be up or the engine will stutter.

/ MT3
Im at 42 hours now and have not regened yet and I have been working it hard raking and pulling roots , leveling on my 30 acers , unless i missed it

/ MT3 #26  
I'm pretty sure that MT3 has the same engine as the XR's. Please correct me if I am wrong on this.

If they have the same engine, they will likely have the same DPF system. I would assume that the regen cycle is the same: 50hrs.
I dont think it would be in LS's best interest to go backwards on this. Shorter regen cycles are not desirable.

I believe that they will automatically regen every 50hrs from last regen cycle if they need it or not, OR will regen when the ECU senses it is starting to get plugged up. So, if you were not working your machine hard, running at an idle (below 1500 rpm) all the time, etc. You'd likely experience a regen by now.
I dont think it is something you will simply miss either. In mine, it sounds different, and I can smell the exhaust, and the dash lights. I know when it's happening.

/ MT3
Thanks Avenger ,

Yes I'm working the tractor hard , I will pay attention around the 50 hour mark. My next move is chains front and rear like the ones you put on. There is a place up here that makes or can get them. The AG tires you need the basket style so they don't fall in between the treads it looks like. I will review your video on the matter