Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Gravel base for concrete?

army-grading.jpg

Bruce

/ Army grading system #2  
Cool!

Actually, if a guy had track up and down both sides of his driveway, it would solve the delineation problem between gravel and vegetation AND put the "how do I grade my driveway" question to rest for once and for all.

I wonder where that little dozer is now? Probably still working. Not a transistor on board!

/ Army grading system #3  
We use gravel for concrete all the time. I did 12" gravel base for my shop 12 years ago - still not a single crack in the floor. Others near me didn't use gravel or very little and their floors are all cracked up.

/ Army grading system #4  
Love seeing old pictures like this. Those trucks couldn't carry very much weight compared to todays standards, but they never stopped moving and it's amazing how quickly they got the job done!!!

/ Army grading system #5  
Cool!

Actually, if a guy had track up and down both sides of his driveway, it would solve the delineation problem between gravel and vegetation AND put the "how do I grade my driveway" question to rest for once and for all.

I wonder where that little dozer is now? Probably still working. Not a transistor on board!

I have a white shell circular driveway.
I solved the delineation issue with 20' lengths of 4" x 3/16" steel both sides, with small angle pieces welded on the back every 5' for rebar drive pins.
Been down for 20 years, and still like new (except where UPS truck has driven over, and pushed down).

/ Army grading system #6  
Lots of gravel base (soil cement ) was placed with an ordinary paving machine.