Will there be an autumn?

/ Will there be an autumn? #61  
We camped over the weekend in some fabulous temps and colors. It got below freezing overnight. Fall camping is the best!

Attachments

• P1060756.jpg
    P1060756.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P1060758.jpg
    P1060758.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 47
  • P1060761.jpg
    P1060761.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 48
  • P1060724.jpg
    P1060724.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 48
   / Will there be an autumn? #63  
^^^^^
Ugh. I'm moving to Minnesota for the winter.

Edit; I didn't realize that I live in the south, yet according to the headline which goes with DI's map

U.S. Winter Outlook: Cooler North, warmer South with ongoing La Nina

I do.

/ Will there be an autumn? #65  
About a week ago autumn slipped thru here overnight. Yesterday at sunrise.... 27F. What few broadleaf trees I've got here turned color and dropped their leaves two to three weeks ago.

At the rate we are progressing here - I won't be surprised to see snow within the next ten days or so.

It rained two days ago - I had ice covered puddles on the driveway.

/ Will there be an autumn? #67  
Saturday night is the first of the season forecast to be in the 30's here. We will see if it gets there.

/ Will there be an autumn? #69  
We are just getting to the hard freezes now which will help get the leaves off the trees. I have been making sure that I take the time to sit and enjoy nature this year. Most times I'm too busy working around the property to take notice. I have placed chairs around the property so I don't have a excuse to sit for a while. I'm happy with the Fall we had this year and I'm ready for the crisp and clean air of Winter. I sure hope the predictions come true and we get a bunch of snow. I need to knock the dust off of the snowshoes. :cool:

/ Will there be an autumn? #70  
Saturday night is the first of the season forecast to be in the 30's here. We will see if it gets there.

We've been having frost for the last month, earlier this week we had a hard one which killed everything. It wasn't until the leaves fell of the grapevines that I realized that I had missed picking a bumper crop... unlike everything else I attempted to grow this year.