Thinking About Winter

/ Thinking About Winter #1  

Photo1

Tractor
Ventrac 4500P, IH Farmall 404, Kubota L3050, Hough H-30, Waldon 5000
I need some advice. Although I have a much larger plow on a wheel loader for the lane, etc., I think the V plow would be just right for all the work around the buildings. I notice that in the videos, the front pivot support seems to interfere with the snow movement across the blade in the straight, angled position. Is this support really necessary?

Also, how many owners have a cab kit that they take off in the summer? If you do, how long does it take to change over. Many thanks, Michael

/ Thinking About Winter #2  
What are you talking about? It was 90 here today.

This is my "snow shovel".

spoon-01.jpg

/ Thinking About Winter
Going down to 24 tonight. Not Winter yet, but she's coming...

/ Thinking About Winter #4  
I never saw the need for a V plow, and yes it will interfere with the flow of the snow when it is angled. As far as around buildings, why would you want to push half the snow toward them? jim

/ Thinking About Winter #5  
Forget what I said in post #2. I awoke this morning to 47 degrees. Yikes! Spent nearly an hour looking for my winter clothes. Finally found a t-shirt I couldn't see through. :cool:

/ Thinking About Winter #6  
The broom is peachy for light to moderate snow. In heavy falls over a foot it is not as good. I have the broom on my V and an 8' blade on my traditional tractor.

My first long sleeved shirt of the season TODAY. No cabs, just insulated coveralls and such.

prs

/ Thinking About Winter #7  
What are you talking about? It was 90 here today.

This is my "snow shovel".

View attachment 674512

I tend to perspire at that temperature and I do not like to perspire. It looks like I will have to avoid your area until January. It seems it was hotter than I liked this summer here. I appreciate the cooler temps.

/ Thinking About Winter
I never saw the need for a V plow, and yes it will interfere with the flow of the snow when it is angled. As far as around buildings, why would you want to push half the snow toward them? jim

I guess I thought the v would be good for the walks (just narrow enough) and the long paths to the mill and boiler and such. If I remove those from my thinking, a straight blade is the way to go. Michael

/ Thinking About Winter #9  
assuming the v plow can be put into scoop mode, it would be beneficial to have because using the scoop mode will really help you place the snow where you want with less spillover; much more efficient that a simple straight plow.

/ Thinking About Winter #10  
Flurries blowing by my office window here.