Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!?

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #1  

riverpro

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
So after 5 plus years of on and off shopping I finally decided on Kubota. My first choice would've been an L5460hstc. My dealer (Large/multiple locations) could not locate a single one in my state. An L4760 might have been semi borderline for future plan of a no till. My dealer listed 2 new L6060's hstc's. One being a 2020 and another being a 2019. After getting some quotes from them I drug my feet for a couple weeks and the 2020 went to another customer. The only reason I was willing to upsize to the l6060 was because I knew I'd getting a "new" unassembled tractor that had not sit out in a lot. I was told by the salesman they still had another unassembled L6060 but now I realize it was taken for inventory back in 2019 and I can see it has not been "indoors", nothing terrible but just dirty and hard to get a clear assessment on overall condition but do see some minor rust and oxidation. Years back I built a shed for a future tractor purchase just because I like to both use my equipment but treat it right in hopes I see lifetime of service from it. Anyway here's where I'm looking for any and all input! I am a member that will qualify me for the equine discount but the quote is off msrp of a 2020 if that makes sense? This tractor is listed on their site as a 2019 and has a serial number 350some before the 2020 they just sold. Discount is good only for in stock inventory also. I tried to get rear tires filled thrown in to help make up for taking a tractor that will be pushing as many as 2 years as old new stock. I know I've read an article about Kubota's price increase from 2019-2020 because of steel tariffs but don't know the exact % the increase was, article stated between 2-3% Anyway, am I nitpicking thinking I should be paying the 2019 msrp and then applying the discount? I know supply is low and dealer can probably choose how they sell it. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions and input! Btw-at a 2% increase the msrp would've changed by just over $1000.00

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #2  
In August of 2019, I bought a 5460 that had been on the dealer ‘s lot since January. Per the dealer there had been two price increases in that time but I was able to get “old” price because of the delivery date.

I actually wanted a 4760 but was able to get better pricing on the 5460 because of the price increases.

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #3  
I would definitely request a discount off the 2019 MSRP. But, I am thinking if you order now, you could wait just a few months longer and take delivery on a brand new 2121 L6060 tractor, with good opportunity for the 0% financing. These Kubota tractors really hold their value.

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #4  
I would definitely request a discount off the 2019 MSRP. But, I am thinking if you order now, you could wait just a few months longer and take delivery on a brand new 2121 L6060 tractor, with good opportunity for the 0% financing. These Kubota tractors really hold their value.

This^

And you might still make the cut-off to use the equine discount. Side note, very few dealers are able to give 0% with the equine discount so look at other quotes and do all the math before you sign on the dotted line. For my M4 the equine discount would have cost me an additional $2k if I payed minimum payments for the life of the loan.

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #5  
I.M.H.O tractors are not like cars as far as year of manufacture.You are lucky to find one unused.Make your best deal and enjoy your new tractor.My L4240 HSTC lived out-doors for it's first ten years, al little faded paint on the wheels,that's about it.Great tractor by the way.

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #6  
When shopping recently, the equine discount came off full MSRP. But the dealer's normal "street" pricing was similar or better, and he said he had more flexibility with pricing. So I determine that equine wasn't all that critical to my end pricing.

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!? #7  
So after 5 plus years of on and off shopping I finally decided on Kubota. My first choice would've been an L5460hstc. My dealer (Large/multiple locations) could not locate a single one in my state. An L4760 might have been semi borderline for future plan of a no till. My dealer listed 2 new L6060's hstc's. One being a 2020 and another being a 2019. After getting some quotes from them I drug my feet for a couple weeks and the 2020 went to another customer. The only reason I was willing to upsize to the l6060 was because I knew I'd getting a "new" unassembled tractor that had not sit out in a lot. I was told by the salesman they still had another unassembled L6060 but now I realize it was taken for inventory back in 2019 and I can see it has not been "indoors", nothing terrible but just dirty and hard to get a clear assessment on overall condition but do see some minor rust and oxidation. Years back I built a shed for a future tractor purchase just because I like to both use my equipment but treat it right in hopes I see lifetime of service from it. Anyway here's where I'm looking for any and all input! I am a member that will qualify me for the equine discount but the quote is off msrp of a 2020 if that makes sense? This tractor is listed on their site as a 2019 and has a serial number 350some before the 2020 they just sold. Discount is good only for in stock inventory also. I tried to get rear tires filled thrown in to help make up for taking a tractor that will be pushing as many as 2 years as old new stock. I know I've read an article about Kubota's price increase from 2019-2020 because of steel tariffs but don't know the exact % the increase was, article stated between 2-3% Anyway, am I nitpicking thinking I should be paying the 2019 msrp and then applying the discount? I know supply is low and dealer can probably choose how they sell it. Thanks in advance for any and all opinions and input! Btw-at a 2% increase the msrp would've changed by just over $1000.00

Ignoring specific questions, beware of units sitting in dealer inventory for anything more than a few weeks.

Such units often (no, I did not say always) have aged inventory pricing (additional Kubota incentives) which your dealer MAY pass on to you or may pocket if you do not ask and insist.

SDT

/ Purchasing new L6060 question/opinions?!?

Thanks for replying! If I order new I'd be ordering what I wanted in the first place which would be one step down to the L5460. Only reason I was going to upsize is because I was thinking I'd be getting their 2020 unassembled l6060 they had in stock, totally my fault for waiting a couple weeks after my quote only to see it go to another customer.

When shopping recently, the equine discount came off full MSRP. But the dealer's normal "street" pricing was similar or better, and he said he had more flexibility with pricing. So I determine that equine wasn't all that critical to my end pricing.

Yes that's my understanding and it by far beats the price the dealer gave with the 0% financing offer. I've been saving over the years to make tractor purchase so the equine discount is as good as it will ever get.

Tomorrow will be a day of questions and phone calls with the dealer I'm working with and to others who have given me quotes in the last few weeks. My biggest question that I'm still not certain on will be, can a tractor be ordered and still use the equine discount or does it have to be dealer in stock inventory??? Anybody been through that? If I can order I'd get a new, not old new stock tractor and get my L5460 instead of the L6060 thus knocking $1900.00 off the price right there. Agian, dealer did a locate for me and no L5460's were found in my state.