Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #11  
If you wanna be on budget and still get R4 tires, you can use a heated grooving knife tool from Ideal to greatly improve snow traction. Follow this thread in the tires section https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/tires/431713-groovy-tires-3.html
125437772_10157684023360983_880202562259908587_n.jpg

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #12  
...I would also like to use this machine to mow a couple acres and eventually get a loader bucket for various jobs around the property...
Adding a loader later is an expensive proposition.
As far as machine selection, IMHO the 2680 with a loader and ssqa plow would be my choice. Add a 3 point blower later if needed.
My plow tractor is an L4060 with ssqa front blade, and either a blade or blower on the rear.

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow
Update: I ended up with a 2380. Neither of the options listed in my original post! Guess I kind of split the difference. Ultimately, the decision came down to availability. Apparently there is a serious shortage of subcompact tractors right now, at least in my area. The 2680 would have been available at the dealerships near me later in January/feb. As I need this machine for snow removal, that wasn稚 going to work. So, went with what seemed like the only 2380 in the state. With front mount blower and mower. Loader will come later when funds allow.

Got to use the blower on about 6 over the weekend and was really impressed how the whole machine combo worked. I actually look forward to using it on a more substantial storm. I知 sure that excitement will fade after a few face-fulls of wind blown snow! Guess I need a cab.

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #14  
Update: I ended up with a 2380. Neither of the options listed in my original post! Guess I kind of split the difference. Ultimately, the decision came down to availability. Apparently there is a serious shortage of subcompact tractors right now, at least in my area. The 2680 would have been available at the dealerships near me later in January/feb. As I need this machine for snow removal, that wasn稚 going to work. So, went with what seemed like the only 2380 in the state. With front mount blower and mower. Loader will come later when funds allow.

Got to use the blower on about 6 over the weekend and was really impressed how the whole machine combo worked. I actually look forward to using it on a more substantial storm. I知 sure that excitement will fade after a few face-fulls of wind blown snow! Guess I need a cab.

You're happy, we're happy!!
I've always had loaders on my tractors, but all were used machines and all had loaders when I bought them.
Obviously, I don't know your circumstances...but I very rarely need a loader to actually load materials...I did use it for snow removal on occasion though. My primary loader use is to pick up and move heavy items...occasionally to load something on a pickup truck. Consider your real usage (rather than a perceived use) before investing your money in a pretty expensive implement.
That said, since I buy used, I would select a used tractor with a loader then one without. The price differential isn't that great when buying used.
But, if you do buy a loader...get a ballast box as part of the deal. A ballast box keeps the tractor better balanced and takes a lot of load off the front axle. Loaded tires are great for stability...but don't really add much weight for loader operations

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #15  
You didn't mention where in Maine. Got a drop of 15" at my place. Wet and very heavy. I wasn't there to handle it so my plow guy let it set up to crystallize and he just plowed it. My next trip up I'll be sending it far away into the woods.

Is yours the Beaver Cove that's along the road that takes you to the place where the population is "not many"?

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #16  
Is yours the Beaver Cove that's along the road that takes you to the place where the population is "not many"?

Sure is!! For a long time I knew the only 4 residents of "Not Many" and the "make it look like **** billboard".

That's a little far away from NC. What were you doing up there?

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #17  
We lived in Upstate NY until Sept 2017 and vacationed in your state annually for 12-15 years excepting 2020. We have visited your unbelievable lake and beautiful surroundings a half dozen times or so. A very special place that we hope to return to this year.

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #18  
:dance1:
We like it very much. I started going up for snowmobiling then bought a nice place on the water in 96. Sold it cause the taxes went crazy and built a full custom designed place where we are now. The area hasn't changed much and I prefer it doesn't.

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #19  
Our first stay was at a B&B (at that time, it isn't now) just next door to the yellow house on the road headed out your way. I am still enchanted by that view.

/ Kubota 1880 w/ blower or 2680 w/ plow #20  
Just remember, snow blowing into the wind is like p**ing into the wind, don't do it unless you have to. If you have to you're not going to be too happy about it.