Eagles

/ Eagles #121  
I see so many birds of prey on my cutting jobs they are almost like pests. We have more of them than we have pheasants, quail, partridge, etc.
They are probably eating all of them.....
Turkey is off and on. We will get a lot of turkey one year, then they kind of disappear for a while

/ Eagles #122  
Turkeys....I usually have a flock of 8 to 12 hang around year round. One year we counted over 40. That was amazing...had to go wide angle to take a picture.

Lots of hawks here. We do have eagles and over the past few years have been sighting them more across the street. Usually on road kills. Sometimes just chilling in the dead trees. Wife gets some nice pics once in a while of all the birds.

/ Eagles #123  
Turkeys....I usually have a flock of 8 to 12 hang around year round. One year we counted over 40. That was amazing...had to go wide angle to take a picture.

I see lots of turkeys around the woods by the river on our property. Then they disappear.

Is it true turkeys nest in trees?

MoKelly

/ Eagles #124  
I see lots of turkeys around the woods by the river on our property. Then they disappear.

MoKelly

I cant understand how the single hens protect their broods from predators living on the ground. Seem like easy victims. I mean turkeys are pretty tough as an adult, but if the group of 8 chicks is attacked and on the open ground.....

/ Eagles #125  
Never seen that. Seen plenty on the ground. Usually about a few hundred feet from the wood line in the tall grasses.

MoKelly

/ Eagles #126  
I cant understand how the single hens protect their broods from predators living on the ground. Seem like easy victims. I mean turkeys are pretty tough as an adult, but if the group of 8 chicks is attacked and on the open ground.....

You are correct. According to the Wild Turkey Federation, only 10%-40% of turkey eggs make it due to predators.

MoKelly IMG_1148.JPG

/ Eagles #128  
I am envious of those with eagles to watch. Mostly owls, hawks, and buzzards here. Technically they are vultures but I rarely hear them called that.

/ Eagles #129  
Most people dislike Turkeys. I think they are pretty cool myself.

/ Eagles #130  
I see them going through my yard quite often, I don't shoot them dam glorified buzzards! SO, they dance on by...

orig.gif

SR