Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,171  
I use to snowmobile 20 miles in, to my cabin in the mountains at -15* F, also I have friends/family that go out fishing in 0* F, with no ice shack... I've never liked skiing even though I've tried it, but I see how this works. "IF" YOU don't like something or do something, then everyone who does, has no common sense and is crazy... OK, I got it! lol

BTW, I also flew out, was dropped off and camped in a tent "without heat", hunting in 0* F sometimes even colder than that, many times for a couple weeks at a stretch.....by myself! NO big deal at all... I shot a lot of deer that way,

standard.jpg

It was a very good way to put in a winters supply of meat in my freezer, and I enjoyed it!

SR

I used to love to go winter camping!! Kind of a challenge as to how cold you could camp in! Back when I was young er

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,172  
Dress like mommy you say?? Hmmm... brings all sorts of visions in my head... but none I would wear skiing!!!:laughing:

Some things I prefer not to envision!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,173  
Well, I was young er when that pict. was taken... lol

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,175  
Dress like mommy you say?? Hmmm... brings all sorts of visions in my head... but none I would wear skiing!!!:laughing:
Let me help you with your vision problem, just take the O and swap with U and your visions should clear up, if not then try a dip in the hot tob........

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,176  
I use to snowmobile 20 miles in, to my cabin in the mountains at -15* F, also I have friends/family that go out fishing in 0* F, with no ice shack... I've never liked skiing even though I've tried it, but I see how this works. "IF" YOU don't like something or do something, then everyone who does, has no common sense and is crazy... OK, I got it! lol

BTW, I also flew out, was dropped off and camped in a tent "without heat", hunting in 0* F sometimes even colder than that, many times for a couple weeks at a stretch.....by myself! NO big deal at all... I shot a lot of deer that way,

standard.jpg

It was a very good way to put in a winters supply of meat in my freezer, and I enjoyed it!

SR

But I dont see the the word NEED, like in need to go in the woods on a 7* morning, all above is fun or an adventurers life stile that can get old fast or dead, going into sub zero temps one needs to know the danger and have a plan.......
Into the Wild - Trailer - YouTube

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,177  
Who should give two crps about what a person "wants" or "needs" to do. If something makes a person happy, then go for it whether its staying in the house or going outside when it's cold.

Old Path...you bring back memories of my logging days with skidders. To this day it was/is a thrill to hook up a stem or three and skid them across 6-8" of crystalline snow.

I get a great sense of gratification doing that and my soul feels complete.
I must be a little "off".

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,178  
Who should give two crps about what a person "wants" or "needs" to do. If something makes a person happy, then go for it whether its staying in the house or going outside when it's cold.

Old Path...you bring back memories of my logging days with skidders. To this day it was/is a thrill to hook up a stem or three and skid them across 6-8" of crystalline snow.

I get a great sense of gratification doing that and my soul feels complete.
I must be a little "off".

Nah . . .

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,179  
But I dont see the the word NEED, like in need to go in the woods on a 7* morning, all above is fun or an adventurers life stile that can get old fast or dead, going into sub zero temps one needs to know the danger and have a plan.......
Into the Wild - Trailer - YouTube
Here's a news flash for you, it was about getting meat for my freezer, not a "want or thrill seeking, it was a "need", and I did it many times, because we NEEDED the meat to eat!

I also shot more than a few moose too, because we also NEEDED that meat...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,180  
Yeah, I'm getting too lazy or something to stoke the fire at night! But yes, pack it before I go to bed at night so I have some embers to work with in the morning.

I wake up a couple of times during the night to turn from one side to the other, always have. So since I am awake, I get up and put wood in the stove.