Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,191  
I wake up a couple of times during the night to turn from one side to the other, always have. So since I am awake, I get up and put wood in the stove.

I wake up a couple times during the night also. Before rolling over I always think about getting up to put wood on the fire. Then I fall back to sleep, I can tend fire in the morning.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,192  
Who should give two crps about what a person "wants" or "needs" to do. If something makes a person happy, then go for it whether its staying in the house or going outside when it's cold.

Old Path...you bring back memories of my logging days with skidders. To this day it was/is a thrill to hook up a stem or three and skid them across 6-8" of crystalline snow.

I get a great sense of gratification doing that and my soul feels complete.
I must be a little "off".
Know what you mean but I also a couple bad days with a skidder, tipped over and burred up to the floor boards, on a JD floor board thats deep and the boss wasn't happy at all.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,193  
Here's a news flash for you, it was about getting meat for my freezer, not a "want or thrill seeking, it was a "need", and I did it many times, because we NEEDED the meat to eat!

I also shot more than a few moose too, because we also NEEDED that meat...

SR

Another news flash, for those that lived after the great depression say 1950 and on in the US, no one needed to go hunting to put meat in the freezer, the modern way was to have a job then go to the butcher shop of your choice to to fill the freezer, hunting is just a sport not a necessity or excuse not to get a job, your turn.......

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,194  
I wake up a couple of times during the night to turn from one side to the other, always have. So since I am awake, I get up and put wood in the stove.

Sounds like an old age and soft wood problem, my son can relate with soft wood. On these real cold nights my son is up every 2-3 hr refilling stove with cedar scraps, my stove easily last all night with hard wood.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,195  
^^^ I find aging a very humbling experience.

gg

I find that some old injury's dont really heal, they come back with a haunting pain, now I cant jump 10' high or run 20 miles an hour anymore and have to use eye glasses to spell words right but I can still sit down........

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,196  
I think we all here are a little "off".. join the club!:D
But I'm only half bubble off or is it bobble, booble, one of them should be close enough so you wont get anymore bad visions..

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,197  
Hmmm,

Favorite childhood memory....

Waking up in the morning, from a sound sleep, and nothing hurts.

Or waking up in the morning with pain and know why, like loading 1000 bails of hay up 3 levels without gloves.......

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,198  
Politics are WAY worse than mosquitos! I can deal with mosquitos but not with idiots.. no matter the weather!
Politics comes into play during a visit?? That doesn't make sense at all. I understand your dislike of politicians, I think 90% are garbage. But I don't see how a state political climate would stop someone from taking a vacation.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,199  
I find that some old injury's dont really heal, they come back with a haunting pain, now I cant jump 10' high or run 20 miles an hour anymore and have to use eye glasses to spell words right but I can still sit down........

Sitting down seems to be one of the most painful things that I do. I spent most of the day in the truck and am SO glad to be home. I can't even sit at the computer for very long...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,200  
Another news flash, for those that lived after the great depression say 1950 and on in the US, no one needed to go hunting to put meat in the freezer, the modern way was to have a job then go to the butcher shop of your choice to to fill the freezer, hunting is just a sport not a necessity or excuse not to get a job, your turn.......
My turn is, I lived in the bush, and that's obviously something you know nothing about.

SR