Who makes a good trailer tire?

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #1  

s219

Tractor
Kubota L3200, Deere X380, Kubota RTV-X
I just picked up a 10K Big Tex dump trailer (long overdue purchase) and it came with Chinese tires -- Goodride ST225/75R15, Class D. They are 8-ply radials. I have no idea how good/bad they are, but I was planning to spend the extra dough to upgrade to a good trustworthy tire.

The only brand in that size that I recognize are Goodyear Endurance tires, same size but load range E (which should be OK I assume). All the other brands seem to be no-names or off-names, and I assume they are Chinese. Does anyone have recommendations for a good US-made trailer tire, or even an offshore brand that is reputable?

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #2  
I keep reading that the Goodyears are the ones to buy...

That's what all of mine will be getting next time...

SR

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #3  
Some foreign tires are fine. Some domestic tires are not. What available in your area ? No idea.

I do believe a heavier duty tire than what you need is not a bad plan. So load range E beats a D. I also think a light truck tire handles hot weather and higher speeds better than a similar priced trailor tire. Trailor tires seem to provide a stiffer ride and be better at handling sharp turns when backing up, or other issues where a stiffer side wall is needed. Pastures, rocks, curbs, etc can be hard on sidewalls.

I think a light truck tire probably has softer rubber and better traction and braking often times. Trailor tire can probably last more miles. Many people might not care about such things on a trailor tire.

I THINK that I have read that trailor tires hold up to UV light better, so might last longer setting over there out of the way and unprotected for a long time. Might better google that and see what you find for what ever your interested in. Most people do not seem to wear out the tread before the tire dry rots or suffers age problems.

Pay close attention to the speed rating of the tire your interested in. Especially trailor type tires. You might be surprised to see how many tires are rated for 50 or 60 mph, not 75 or 80 mph. It actually matters, especially in hot weather.

Pay attention to the actual weight handling ability thats is stamped on the side of the tire. Some D range handle more weight than a E range. Probably a good indication of how well the tire is made. The alphabet system and ply system of rating is pretty generic.

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #4  
MAXXIS made in USA.Or the Goodyear Endurance.Most of the foreign tires are JUNK..When you have them mounted make sure to have them balanced.

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #5  
I built up a farm wagon using Horst 20K lb running gear. It came with 15x8 wheels, no tires. The tires are Goodyear, made in the USA. I just tiptoed outside and checked. They, most likely, are not what you are looking for. Heavy load( 10k) - low speed( 25mph) - 12 ply. IMG_0003.jpeg

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #6  
Move to load E, jump up a size to 235, and I personally have had good service from Kenda Karrier ST tires. I always remove and sell the factory tires and jump a size a weight class in the tires I buy to replace. It gives you a good amount of overhead.

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #7  
I have Carlisle Radial Trail HD, they are awesome tires.

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #8  
The GoodRide tire is an excellent tire, it was developed to compete with LoadStar another excellent tire, the warranty on the GoodRide is one of the best, It is a Polly / Steel Belt - The Polly is the top layer they do that as they found on a steel belted tire the steel heats up and under extreme / heavy use (trailers) actually can assist in wearing the tire the polly layer does not heat anywhere near as quickly or as hot as the steel - go on the TexTrail.com website - take a look at the GoodRide it was not developed as a "cheap tire" just the opposite, it was made to prevent warranty claims not increase them! - it comes on most of the ATW trailer brands, PJ, BigTex, Bri-Mar, B-Wise, CM, RC - they will serve you well......

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #9  
If you are serious about switching present tires out, A. Lose the 15" wheels and replace them with 16" or size wheel that fit's your truck. 15" are hard to find in passenger,light truck ,trailer or anything else so they will soon be obsolete. B. Give your truck a new set of LT tires and move old truck tires to trailer. LT tires are tested and approved for much higher standards than trailer tires. C. Buy only domestic tires because overseas mfgrs can't be punished for inferior products so they don't strive to make high quility products.

/ Who makes a good trailer tire? #10  
After 2 blow outs on my new diamond c I switched to good year. Has been great. Other than those I used titan heavy duty tires on other trailers with zero issues.