Chain lube

/ Chain lube #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
What do you use to lube the chain of your snow blower. My manual mentions nothing about this.

I'm thinking of motorcycle chain lube. Good idea? Bad? Doesn't matter?

Thanks.

/ Chain lube #4  
My Lorenz manual calls for 30 weight. I put a funnel in a 1-gallon can, put a bedsheet rag over the funnel, and invert the just "emptied" oil jugs over the funnel whenever I change oil. I put those drainings in a pump oiler to lube the snowblower. The frequency of oiling is probably more important than the type of lube.

Tacky oils like some motorcycle oils, bar and chain oil, rock drill oil, to name a few, may adhere longer but also attract dust and grit. If you don't sand much for ice and snow, it shouldn't be an issue. Waxy, paraffin-like oils may not penetrate to the pins where lube is desired. On bicycle chains they are notorious for washing off in rain, and I would expect snow and ice would scour exposed snowblower chain.

/ Chain lube #6  
What do you use to lube the chain of your snow blower. My manual mentions nothing about this.

I'm thinking of motorcycle chain lube. Good idea? Bad? Doesn't matter?

Thanks.
Great Idea, If it last on a motorcycle it will lube on your tractor without splattering all over everything if you keep your tractor inside nice garage floor.
DevilDog

/ Chain lube #7  
I use Motorcycle chan lube as well - no issues, stays on the chain - I lube after two or three storms, but in reality could most likely do it a couple of times a season as it's always looks well lubed - basically doing it for my self assurance not need.

/ Chain lube #9  
I use heavy coating suffer board wax.

/ Chain lube #10  
Motorcycle chain lube for me. And if I run out and use my blower I'll use chainsaw bar oil.