Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved?

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #131  
Once again this is from memory. The guy who did the study of thousands or civilian and police shootings was a big 40 S&W/45ACP fan. After the study was completed and all the results tabulated his carry weapon changed to a 22-magnum revolver.

I am currently looking to get a Seecamp for my main carry weapon. Look it up at www.seecamp.com The problem is that the 380 is supposed to be brutal to shoot and the company even recommends using bandaids on your fingers when practicing with it. I want the 32 ACP version but cannot find any ammo locally or online. The micro pistol will only handle hollowpoints because a FMJ is too long to operate properly. This is a SMALL gun and I want it to carry when I cannot carry anything else. It has no sights and is strictly point and shoot. Reloading with a fresh magazine is also slow. BUT, six rounds of fast shooting but not very deadly ammo will solve 98% of the problems a person will encounter. If I need a high capacity pistol and extra mags I need to be running away from the problem as fast as my legs will carry me. But this is for a carry weapon and not what the OP was asking about.

RSKY

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #132  
If the SEHTF I would welcome pretty much any firearm in my hands. It's not me I am worried about. It's everyone else. I know very few non-gun-enthusiasts (If Any) who I would expect to behave appropriately, whether it's firearm operation or terminating a threat. You put a firearm into their hands and it's almost certainly going to be a firearm you just gave the enemy.

And it's not like in the movies where the ONE GUY takes down a dozen bad guys with guns. You better have competant allies.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #133  
Once again this is from memory. The guy who did the study of thousands or civilian and police shootings was a big 40 S&W/45ACP fan. After the study was completed and all the results tabulated his carry weapon changed to a 22-magnum revolver.

I am currently looking to get a Seecamp for my main carry weapon. Look it up at www.seecamp.com The problem is that the 380 is supposed to be brutal to shoot and the company even recommends using bandaids on your fingers when practicing with it. I want the 32 ACP version but cannot find any ammo locally or online. The micro pistol will only handle hollowpoints because a FMJ is too long to operate properly. This is a SMALL gun and I want it to carry when I cannot carry anything else. It has no sights and is strictly point and shoot. Reloading with a fresh magazine is also slow. BUT, six rounds of fast shooting but not very deadly ammo will solve 98% of the problems a person will encounter. If I need a high capacity pistol and extra mags I need to be running away from the problem as fast as my legs will carry me. But this is for a carry weapon and not what the OP was asking about.

RSKY
Basically a "Get Off Me" gun. Have become popular for some reason.

The Beretta .32 Tomcat and .22 Bobcat are almost non-existant new or used.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #134  

RSKY
I have a Seecamp 32 acp and its got some kick to it because its so small to shoot .You can shoot FMJ ammo if its under a certain overall lenght..

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #135  
IMO the best firearm for home protection is a 12 ga. semi-automatic shotgun loaded with #00 buckshot. Any home intruder(s) targeted by that firearm will instantly cease to exist! BOOM

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #136  
My neighbor has a 21A and a retired cop friend of mine has one as well, and his is suppressed, similar to this one. Small gun. Well built.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #137  
Met a guy many years ago in PA. He had a 10 Gauge Pistol and .410 antique walking cane.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #138  
That suppressor didn't seem to make much difference on that 21A.

Sure takes away a lot of the concealability.

I wound up with a Walther PPK .22 because the 21 A was not available.

Last edited:
   / Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #139  
Truth is a .45 seems like a lot for some people. It just depends on the person. It is more pistol than many can handle well. More recoil, more muzzle blast, and larger frame pistols for starters. And as we age and hands become more arthritic and recoil sensitive, many will downsize to 9mm. They are typically more pleasant to shoot and practicing our skills is important. A good 9mm with proper ammo is a proven stopper.
Very true comparison. I personally like my .45's to be very heavy and kind of meaty in the handle; with my xl hands it's easier to hold and control. I have a hard time trying to grip a little .380 or a small 9mm. I do have a Beretta 92 9mm in stainless that I absolutely love to shoot, but I still carry a .45 for my daily.

/ Best firearm for home protection? I realize a lot is personal choice involved? #140  
IMO the best firearm for home protection is a 12 ga. semi-automatic shotgun loaded with #00 buckshot. Any home intruder(s) targeted by that firearm will instantly cease to exist! BOOM

Attachments

• Benelli.jpg
    Benelli.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 88