Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these?

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #1  

4running

Tractor
NH TC33D
Guys,

I am looking to add a chipper to my New Holland Tractor and ran into this company. They claim to be built in the USA but I am not certain. Can anyone help?

I called and asked for some info, and honestly it was a strange interaction. The brochure they sent me looks like its a screen grab from the website. I still know nothing about this product, but I am reluctant to buy Chinese.

Last edited:
   / Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #2  
I have to agree. Very sparse info on their web site. I've had two Wallensteins. First - BX42S, now - BX62S. Never had a moments problem and it's exactly what I expected and paid for.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #3  
I looked at mighty ox a few years back a comparable model was 2x as much as a wood max, went with a 8" pto driven wood max with feed rollers, yeah it's mostly made in China but it's built pretty well, does a decent job, and never had any problems with it.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these?
Ok, I may continue to look at them. It looks heavily built. I just hope I can drive the HYD feed off of my rear remotes without buying the optional self contained HDY system ($1050.00). I think I can bungie cord the lever to keep the fluid flowing.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #5  
Woodmaxx's made in the US 8" model costs less than Mighty Ox's largest model (that's only 5.5x8) and has it's own built in hydrostatic drive rather than using the tractor's hydraulics.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #6  
I have the wm8h mostly made in China except for the knives I believe. The Feed roller runs off the pto. It's went up in price a few hundred since I got mine. Still a good chipper for just under 2600.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #7  
I've been happy overall with my Woodmaxx 8H, which is one of their designed in the US made in China units. It's not perfect but it's pretty good, and it's been reliable.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these?
I can understand that, the Mighty OX factory people I spoke to and the lack of information and marketing has not given me a reason to spend more on this rather than a WM. I wish I could find out more technical information about their products to make a compelling case. Thanks for all the input guys!

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #9  
Have a look at the Woodland Mills chippers. Owners on TBN are very happy with the product. A Canadian company, engineered here - likely manufactured off shore, but great customer service. They have a US warehouse so delivery is normally very fast on both sides of the border. I drive the WC-68 with a 46hp pto.

/ Mighty Ox Chippers, anybody heard of these? #10  
Have a look at the Woodland Mills chippers. Owners on TBN are very happy with the product. A Canadian company, engineered here - likely manufactured off shore, but great customer service. They have a US warehouse so delivery is normally very fast on both sides of the border. I drive the WC-68 with a 46hp pto.
I just bought a Woodland Mills WC-68 also, seems to be a well built machine. Only have about 6 hrs. On it but very happy. My 33 Pto hp drives it easily.