Air filter

/ Air filter #1  

theg

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
Does anyone have the Donaldson part number for an air filter for a 1533? My clogged filter light is on and I致e blown the old filter out but light still on. $80 for filter seems high.

/ Air filter #2  
Is there any kind of reset for the airflow sensing? If you think $80 for an air filter is high think how upset you'd be spending $80 and still having the light on. Is there some other problem causing the light to illuminate?

/ Air filter #3  
Air filters are probably Donaldson
P535770 Found in shop for fork lift

3.375 inner dia 5.375 outer dia 12.875 long for large filter p535770

2.5 inner dia 3.125+ outer dia 12.625 long for small filter. Part # p542711 Donaldson

These are my notes. I haven’t tried it though. Sounds like the air flow meter may need a reset. Does it go off without the filter in?

/ Air filter
When I unplugged the wires for the sensor it goes off, then it comes back on when I plug them back. They were corroded so I cleaned them and used dielectric grease. I may spend some time Messing with the sensor. If there a reset please educate me.

/ Air filter #5  
I don’t know. I’ve never cuddled with mine. On our other heavy equipment we typically take the outer filter out and knock the dust out of them. They seem to last a while. But if the light goes out without the filter it’s sensing correctly. But if the light stays on with no filter the sensor will need some love. I’d have to read up on what that sensor can be cleaned with- just compressed air, MAF sensor cleaner etc.

/ Air filter #6  
What exactly is the sensor sensing? Is it possible it is defective or stuck?

/ Air filter #7  
It is sensing how hard the engine is having to suck to get air. The sensor is measuring vacuum.

As others said, try running the engine without an air filter in so you know whether it is the sensor or what.

/ Air filter #8  
Typically they sense vacuum in the intake.

/ Air filter #9  
I had the same problem last year and the dealer replaced the sensor under warranty. I just had the same issue and after cleaning the air filter the light remained on. With the engine running, I put my hand near the intake port and the vacuum sucked my hand and covered it for a fraction of a second. Light went out.