Case cx36b ownership

/ Case cx36b ownership #1  

gtbensley

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500, Case CX36B
As some of you may know I recently purchased a Case cx36b (large discussion over in the project section on this).

Figured I would start a thread updating my projects and ownership with it.

Started off the last few night just doing basic maintenance on the machine. Replaced fuel filters, air filters, hydro filter and greasing the entire machine. Working on replacing some grease zerks currently and wiring in some replacement LED lights.

Hope to get into working the machine in the next week or two as the ground dries up and snow hopefully melts.

output95image1616011236317.jpg
PXL_20210317_225604702.jpg
PXL_20210324_111310443.jpg
PXL_20210324_111332067.jpg

/ Case cx36b ownership #2  
Lookin good GT, your doing just what I'd be doing to it. When you were into the hyd tank did the fluid look nice and clean? If there was anything questionable about the fluid I'd spend the money on a couple 5gal pails of new and change it. I'm a big believer in moly grease for all pins and bushings, very smart of you to replace zerts. Looks like the left track is on backwards? Wonder what that's about? When you get the owners manual see if there's a certain position the house has to be rotated to for greasing the ring and swing motor pinion gear, some do. The swing bearing should be greased at least every 90 degrees of rotation, I've got a 36" hose and a lock & lube on one grease gun so I can set in the seat rotate the house and grease. Thanks for keeping your progress with it reports coming. B

/ Case cx36b ownership
I think it might be as well. Was looking at it the other day. One track is new and the other is original I believe but in decent shape.

Hydro fluid looked okay and the filter was dirty but not wicked bad. I do plan to replace the fluid....makes me sleepy better and gives me something to do.

Reading through manual currently, trying to see how they require greasing the swing as well as what position the boom needs to be in to check hydro fluid level.

/ Case cx36b ownership
Expanding the back yard and cleaning it up some. Have taken about 10 trees and stumps out so far. More to come.
PXL_20210403_211149119.jpg
PXL_20210403_193224211.jpg

/ Case cx36b ownership #5  
I think it might be as well. Was looking at it the other day. One track is new and the other is original I believe but in decent shape.

Hydro fluid looked okay and the filter was dirty but not wicked bad. I do plan to replace the fluid....makes me sleepy better and gives me something to do.

Reading through manual currently, trying to see how they require greasing the swing as well as what position the boom needs to be in to check hydro fluid level.

My 40 has 3 fittings beside the knuckle that are mounted on tubes. One greases the swing. I’m not sure what the others do.

/ Case cx36b ownership
My 40 has 3 fittings beside the knuckle that are mounted on tubes. One greases the swing. I’m not sure what the others do.
Yeah mine has one labeled swing...and another under the machine on the turn table itself.

The rest are all on the boom and stick from what I can find.

Loaded some stumps last night.
PXL_20210405_214532783.jpg
PXL_20210405_224115452.jpg

/ Case cx36b ownership #7  
The 3 greaseable items under the house are; Rear pin for boom swing cylinder, house swing roller bearing, swing motor pinion

/ Case cx36b ownership #8  
Nice Excavator and truck!

What is the operating weight?

/ Case cx36b ownership
   / Case cx36b ownership
Not exactly excavator related but got a bit stuck the other day.
PXL_20210411_232620463.jpg