Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #31  
I wasn’t implying that every option didn’t have a place but basing your opinion of cordless tools off something that’s a decade old and way out of date is miss leading at best. I’m not one to go out and buy the newest model of everything either but there’s a huge difference in a brushless lithium battery tool and a nicad battery one.
True, many advances have happened in the cordless market in just the last 10 years. If you want/need ultra compact and powerful cordless tools, lots of good choices out there to satisfy immediate needs.

In the commercial service market, lots of tools (all types) get Lost, Broken, or Stolen all the time. Those of us who are unfortunate enough to have "friends" or relatives who behave the same, have a similar experience with personal tools..... I do recognize that for a substantial chunk of the market, long-term battery availability is less of a concern, given the tool turnover rate.

Different users, different priorities. If I was doing outdoor emergency service work year round up here, I'd want at least one good NiCd drill around since even today's Li packs don't take well to my worst Winter temperatures.

Rgds, D.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #32  
My impression is that Makita is a very small player in the gas powered tool market. Probably not worth it to compete with the market leaders.
And part of that is their own fault. Killing off 2/3 of their dealers without even notifying the dealers. Finding out after the fact they can't file warranty on products that they sold. In 2015 I had 5 dealers under the Dolmar name within a 25 mile radius of me, and Makita reduced that to 1 every 50 miles, and then discontinued the Dolmar name.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #33  
I have Ryobi tools that are 20 years old give or take and I can still buy batteries. Ryobi are not top of the line but sure support their legacy products. What good is a quality tool if the manufacturer does not support it?
I don't own any Ryobi, but see plenty around.

One of the reasons I hang out on TBN is to learn valuable info like you just posted..... Thanks.

Rgds, D.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #34  
I can still buy 18v name brand Dewalt batteries brand new every place that I see Dewalt tools for sale.
Yep. On Amazon too. Not cheap though. The Makita 18v batteries can be found on sale for a lot less. I have a lot of Makita cordless tools, never had a battery, charger, or tool go bad.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #35  
I have Ryobi tools that are 20 years old give or take and I can still buy batteries. Ryobi are not top of the line but sure support their legacy products. What good is a quality tool if the manufacturer does not support it?

You can still buy the old style dewalt batteries but they’re so expensive not many people do. I really don’t know why dewalt doesn’t make a new lithium battery with the old top post. I know they make adapters but they’re clunky.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #36  
Hello,
I have a bunch of older dewalt 18v tools and was hoping to keep them going for a long time but am struggling to find batteries that will take a charge.

I have purchased 4 different batteries lately as my old 10+ year old original dewalt batteries fail. But these are knockoff batteries since dewalt no longer makes the old style or I would just purchase more of those.

I have 3 of the Dewalt 9310 chargers which are good for all types of batteries. All have the same result with these batteries.

After putting the new battery on the charger after a few seconds I get the fast flashing light which indicates "replace pack". I tested voltages as seen in the pics, all are showing 15-20v.

I am not sure what to do at this point and figured you all might have an idea since many folks still have these older tools. Thanks for your help.
I have the same issue with Kobalt knock off batteries.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #37  
If OP or anybody else is looking to change horses.... FYI on Ridgid's warranty. Short story - as long as you register your tools, charger and batteries, they are all covered. Period.

They replaced 2 battery packs for me, no charge. The later packs were higher capacity, and added a push-button level indicator, so I'm pleased with them.

RIDGID Powertools :: Login

Rgds, D.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #38  
Mine are a year old and so far so good, but I doubt that I use them as much as you do. No matter anyways as I didn't pay for them; I placed the order, paying with PayPal, received the confirmation notice but they never finished processing the payment. Actually I never heard one word from the company after I placed my order; the batteries simply showed up one day.
It is certainly nice to get a lucky break occasionally.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #39  
If OP or anybody else is looking to change horses.... FYI on Ridgid's warranty. Short story - as long as you register your tools, charger and batteries, they are all covered. Period.

They replaced 2 battery packs for me, no charge. The later packs were higher capacity, and added a push-button level indicator, so I'm pleased with them.

RIDGID Powertools :: Login

Rgds, D.

If I had it to do over I would probably go with the Rigid lineup. I am currently looking for a cordless impact. I have a Ryobi impact but it not stout enough. I will probably get a Milwaukee.

/ Knockoff Dewlat Batteries won't take a charge #40  
I can still buy 18v name brand Dewalt batteries brand new every place that I see Dewalt tools for sale.

I mean how hard are you even looking? Can't be very hard.

I also bought the 20v adapters and battery kit, as those were on sale here locally a couple years ago for less money than the 18v batteries.

Between the 2 or 3 "new" 18v batteries I bought a couple years ago, and the 20v adapters and batteries I bought a year or so later, I can keep my 18v tools running for the foreseeable future. If they start to discontinue the 20v batteries (I'm sure it will happen eventually), I'll stock up on a few more sets of batteries before they're gone. By then I'll probably need new tools anyway. As my 18v tools die off, I'll just replace them with 20v (or whatever the flavor of the day is) tools as they drop off.

My original 18v drill died a couple years ago. I got a ton of service life out of it, 10 years + anyway (probably closer to 15). I was satisfied with that life span. Replaced it with the basic 20v drill, and so far it's been fine.
I've found that many people don't get a full list of items they are looking for because their browser history has basically profiled them to only show certain things. I try to always give people a link when I find the very things they are looking for just to help them out rather than condemn them. It might not be their fault other than browser they choose to use.