Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #11  
Some Cities in CA have banned new house builds with Natural Gas connections.
They didn;t ban grilling, just added a mess of new rules to the old ones, like no starter fluid

Sheesh. Glad I don’t live there.

MoKelly

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #12  
Note that the by-law applies only to internal combustion leaf blowers and string trimmers. Chances are ultrarunner's handlebar trimmer can be fit with a brush-cutting or saw blade
I think you are on to something. I use a fixed blade for trimming sometimes in place of the string. Usually for heavier brush items. But still a nutty law.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #13  
Upside is it will be much quieter on Saturday mornings.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #14  
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #15  
Upside is it will be much quieter on Saturday mornings.

Not if I lived there. I would run my chainsaw as much as I could. That is a crazy law.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #16  
Not if I lived there. I would run my chainsaw as much as I could. That is a crazy law.
Maybe not. Probably couldn't afford the gas. o_O

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #17  
Some Cities in CA have banned new house builds with Natural Gas connections.
They didn;t ban grilling, just added a mess of new rules to the old ones, like no starter fluid
At least that ban is in good taste. Any good BBQer know's, you shouldn't be using starter fluid anyways, that's just disgusting.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #18  
At least that ban is in good taste. Any good BBQer know's, you shouldn't be using starter fluid anyways, that's just disgusting.

Chimneys?

MoKelly

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #19  
Chimneys?

MoKelly
That's what i use. Sometimes i'll just build a small fire in it and when it gets burning good, i'll throw coals on int. Used to have one of those electric starters, that worked well too. I don't have it anymore i ran over it with the truck, and it didn't survive. BTW, compared to some of my friends, im not a good BBQer, so i try to follow there lead, but i lack interest in the cooking part. The eating part of BBQ, i'm a pro at that.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #20  
My insurance company (State Farm) just cancelled my home owner's policy because they noticed that I had installed a wood stove in my new shop. The stove is put in according to all safety codes. It is not a matter of raising the rate. They will just not insure me. So Insurance companies aren't too far behind California in being stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.