How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift?

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #1  

boostmg

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3620 TLB Hydro
I ask bc it dawned on me and when i look up stats they seems to show digging force.

I’d like to know for my own knowledge to understand limitations.

but for a compact tractor, in this case it will be a Branson 3620h how much can a backhoe lift?

i wouldn’t want to be maxing it out ever, so it would be good to know roughly what a compact hoes lifting capacity actually is.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #2  
It depends if the boom is in the close position or farther out but not a lot.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #3  
There should be charts somewhere. Every backhoe or excavator I have used had them. It depends greatly on how close the load is to the machine but I can tell you on a compact tractor it won’t be much. I had a full size Deere 18,000lb backhoe and on several occasions I lifted the front tires off the ground picking up things with the backhoe that were not overly heavy.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #4  
There should be charts somewhere. Every backhoe or excavator I have used had them. It depends greatly on how close the load is to the machine but I can tell you on a compact tractor it won’t be much. I had a full size Deere 18,000lb backhoe and on several occasions I lifted the front tires off the ground picking up things with the backhoe that were not overly heavy.
If you fill the loader bucket with dirt?

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #5  
Very generally, Backhoes can lift approximately 50% of what FEL on same tractor can lift.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #6  
Only way to know is to look up the backhoe specs and pressure available from the tractor.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #7  

My Deere 310 would lift a 5000 pound block out to about 3/4 reach on the boom.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #8  
Kind of, sort of like asking how much can ones sister bench press. lol

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #9  
FWIW here is the chart for my BH, Model BT1000A. I presume the bold straight lines represent the boom and dipper stick at full extension so that the "lifting force" was measured at the bucket pins. I am sure there are other, arcane rules in SAE J31. Perhaps it specifies the BH is fixed so that weight in the FEL is not considered. I was somewhat surprised that the minimum was not at full horizontal reach. I have never moved test weights, but I have exceeded its capacity i.e. found immovable objects. (BTW a similar pictogram for the loader shows just over 1500kg (3307 lbs) at 500 mm forward of the pivot pin at 500 mm (18") high.)

Attachments

• BHLift.jpeg
    BHLift.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 143
   / How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #10  
My Deere 310 would lift a 5000 pound block out to about 3/4 reach on the boom.
Mine was a 310SJ 4WD extendahoe. It would lift whatever you wanted but I remember one time lifting a steel flatbed for a dually pickup and it tipped back until the flatbed was back on the ground