How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift?

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #11  
I guess, whether you want to lift somthing with the stabilizers out, or lift it and drive around are two entirely different matters.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #12  
Very true or if you want to be able to swing it out to the side or not.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #13  
Lifting heavy loads is always potentially dangerous. Especially for those with little experience, maybe no concept of the forces and riisks involved and maybe just totally out of their element. The simplistic OP question kind of aludes to that possibility.

Watch the seemingly endless YT Crane fail videos. Even the "PROS" get it wrong apparently way too often.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #14  
Mine lifted this granite boulder much to my surprise!
Massey 1755 tractor with a Massey (woods BH75 backhoe)
20201106_122215.jpg

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #15  
Start to give it a little juice you will know pretty quickly wether it will do it or not.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #16  
I’d like to know for my own knowledge to understand limitations.
Now do you see why it's better to start out explaining what your intent is?

I can tell you I dug up a small Cedar tree with no problem, but when I went to move the tractor to a new location with the tree and dirt in the BH bucket, things got real unfun, real quick.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #17  
It will always lift less than you want it to. (Theory of over optimistic expectations)

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #18  
It will lift more curling the bucket than the dipper because the cylinders are the same but leverage is much more advantage on the curl function.

But it's never enough.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #19  
I have a John Deere 990 with a 300CX FEL and an 8B BH. The specs on this page Specifications - 8B Backhoe talk about the lifting power with the "Boom lift ability (dipper arm and boom extended, lifting with boom cylinder only, weight attached at bucket pivot) 313 kg and 689 lbs. (Just a note: on this page they have the kg value and the lbs value switched but I have corrected them on this post) As has already been said in some of the responses to your post, it really depends on how close you can get it and then you will be able to lift a whole lot more. I have lifted some pretty big rocks that my FEL had a tough time lifting and it will lift roughly with some very light weight forks about 1600 lbs. Once you get it in close that is where you have the power. the dipper stick is pretty amazing what it can do when it is in close and you move it away. The 8B is an old BH design for the earlier JD CUT's. Today's BH's have a lot better control and power. I could always use more power and better fine control but it really works well and I am thankful to have it.

/ How much can a compact tractor backhoe lift? #20  
They are made for digging, FEL does the lifting!