Forty Grand? For a Stove?

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #41  
OK, I'll admit I'm frugal but also handy.

Just repaired my 22 cu ft freezer that is 23 years old and it still keeps my food good.
Keep vehicles for usually 10 years and maintain as required.
Tractor is an 80 something and has paid for itself many times over just in snow duties alone.

One secret is I usually buy basic appliances (anything for that matter) without digital controls if I can.

Wife just warned me that our washer & dryer is starting to age.
OK, both are basic, no electronics so a wire, switch or gasket might be required plus some labor so I should coax a few more years out of them. Just hoping.
Hope you can. A new one will set you way back if and I say if you can get one. Appliances are like toilet paper was...lol

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #42  
I know people that swear by physical GOLD (BTW, it's not something I would consider wise telling people you have "in spades" on the Internet),
Aside from the Government confiscating it, maybe more than buy you a loaf of bread (and how might that work) , it might just get you killed, tortured or both.

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #43  
I went shopping for a sofa yesterday. First two I saw near the door were over $5k. I quickly realized I was in the wrong store.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #44  
I went shopping for a sofa yesterday. First two I saw near the door were over $5k. I quickly realized I was in the wrong store.
Must have been Value City...lol I see Menards quit advertising lumber in their Sunday circular. Guess they don't want to scare potential customers off...

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #46  
I know people that swear by physical GOLD (BTW, it's not something I would consider wise telling people you have "in spades) on the Internet),
Aside from the Government confiscating it, maybe more than buy you a loaf of bread (and how might that work) , it might just get you killed, tortured or both.
Non issue with me for 2 reasons, one, no one on here knows my actual location, well, maybe a couple do but more importantly, I'm well protected here and being in flyover country, no one lives close by. Unlike where you live, I'm well armed and a good shot and so is my wife. There are more guns here than nick knacks in my wife's curio cabinet and most of them are in battery too. Gotta be careful how I roll over in bed, that 45 kimber makes quite a lump...

I can say with certainty, you might visit with ill intent but you won't leave standing up.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #47  
Be careful guys or the thread will get locked. Our 'fearless leader' and his minions (and you all know who that is) don't like anything political. Politics have no place on this forum unless it's approved politics.
I would rephrase that statement to "politics that work"...

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #48  
Non issue with me for 2 reasons, one, no one on here knows my actual location, well, maybe a couple do but more importantly, I'm well protected here and being in flyover country, no one lives close by. Unlike where you live, I'm well armed and a good shot and so is my wife. There are more guns here than nick knacks in my wife's curio cabinet and most of them are in battery too. Gotta be careful how I roll over in bed, that 45 kimber makes quite a lump...

I can say with certainty, you might visit with ill intent but you won't leave standing up.
Blah...blah...blah... Who would want to come to your place anyway... For any reason? We all seem to be focused on ridiculous "what ifs" anymore. What if nothing ever happens???

Last edited:
   / Forty Grand? For a Stove? #49  
Well, I have a few guns here myself, but glad I live in an area where I don’t need to sleep with one.
don’t need to carry daily either, though I do have a carry permit. Only a few areas where I used to work would I go armed. Mostly I live in an area with very few crimes. And thankful for it.

/ Forty Grand? For a Stove? #50  
NOW. Look at what happened to many places in the States over night, in the last year or so. EVERYTHING suddenly changes when there is no more LAW. Or crimes against middle class citizens aren't even noticed.

People with guns, food, gold, and fuel just haven't thought any of this through.

If I was in a gang, I wouldn't engage you in a firefight. I would just set fire to your house. There won't be any law enforcement coming, or any rules of good sportsmanship followed, lol

EDIT: But of course (Goes without saying) that it would all have to be done peacefully.

Last edited: