Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #11  
While at the JD dealer yesterday I was told that the mid mount mower pto would stop if I go in reverse (1025R) . There is a button to override this. I was also told it was required to have this function by law and that all SCUT would stop the pto. It was stated as a safety feature.
Stupid feature. I had a JD lawn tractor before I got my current machine. On that one the engine would die if you tried to go in reverse without hitting the button. I never disabled it, kept wanting to and never did. I got used to it, so used to it I was mashing my thumb into the dash of my new tractor for the first 2 months I owned it every time I wanted to go in reverse.

I think that constantly turning off the mid pto and back on would be bad for mower. I'm supposed to throttle down to engage/disengage mine to reduce shock stress on the implement.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #12  
As I said above, the Craftsman has a manual override. Turn the ignition/key switch to a second position, then push a button. A red LED comes on and it stays in override until you shut the engine off. Similar to this one:

SAM_4109__23113.1525197254.JPG

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #13  
Yep,
As I said above, the Craftsman has a manual override. Turn the ignition/key switch to a second position, then push a button. A red LED comes on and it stays in override until you shut the engine off. Similar to this one:

SAM_4109__23113.1525197254.JPG
That picture tells you exactly the type of stupid it's meant to prevent

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #15  
Yup, became requirement when people kept cutting toes, feet, legs off their kids. Old people don’t matter. My Kubota GR2120 has a push button - press it to override the reverse cutout. It flashes red after pressing but only needs to be pressed once each time you start the blades and the reverse cutout stays inactive until the next time you start the blades - red light flashing as a warning. Much preferred to my JD which needed the button pressed every reverse.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #16  
Too many stupid grandfathers with their grandchildren riding on fenders caused all of this. Makes a terrible mess.

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #17  
I was a fender rider on Grandpas tractor. Though he was always very concerned and careful with me, and explained safety very well.

Thats why I disable safety switched like these. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #18  
So this is begging the questions: at what point/size does this not become a required feature? Is it only sub-compacts? only those models frequently sold/marketed with a mid-mount mower? ...and is it only tied to having an implement/load on a mid-PTO? (would seem to become a real nuisance when using a 3pt snowblower)

Just curiosity on my part

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #19  
While at the JD dealer yesterday I was told that the mid mount mower pto would stop if I go in reverse (1025R) . There is a button to override this. I was also told it was required to have this function by law and that all SCUT would stop the pto. It was stated as a safety feature.

Questions:
1 Does kubota mmm pto stop if you go in reverse (bx2680)?
2. Does this become a nuisance while mowing, do you have to push the button every time you back up then start forward?
3. after backing up ( to turn around etc) do you have to throttle down to re-engage pto before going forward?

The Kubota will allow you to mow in reverse with the MMM. Due to my steep hills and terrain, I mow in reverse ALL-THE-TIME. I mow up, then down my hills in reverse. Yes, having to press a stupid button on the dash while mowing and looking backwards sucked on my previous JD. Nope, the PTO stays running the entire time unless your butt leaves the seat. Mowing with my Kubota is a much better experience than with the JD. IMHO.

Mike

/ Mowing in reverse with SCUT and MMM #20  
I was a fender rider on Grandpas tractor. Though he was always very concerned and careful with me, and explained safety very well.

Thats why I disable safety switched like these. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
While safety features can help with safety they're no substitute for teaching/communicating, thinking, and personal responsibility.