Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #21  
Has there been an incident in a Post Office since that phrased was coined so many years ago?

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #22  
Things like this have been going on for longer than most people realize. Now, however, we have instant communications and more access to more ways to destroy life.
It's not that they happen. It's the frequency and range of locations, schools, workplaces, streets, concert venues ....

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #23  
Curious if any of the usual crisis actors were spotted in attendance.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #24  
Things like this have been going on for longer than most people realize. Now, however, we have instant communications and more access to more ways to destroy life.

Very true on the communications, and the history of it, but not so sure about the more ways to destroy life given all the restrictions that have been put in place over the years.

Of course it also doesn't take much to do a whole lot of damage either as illustrated by this historical event: The Brunswick Massacre

As sad as it is, it's probably a "good" thing that the current generations of criminally motivated killers keep turning to the weapons the media seem to so love demonizing - otherwise they could probably cause far more damage because as tough as the human body can be, it's also quite fragile in many regards. So it's probably also a good thing that so many of them don't have/acquire much training, understanding or ingenuity, but instead tend to (mostly) copying what's been done before.

Though I suspect as long as people are so surprised/shocked by it that they can't react/respond or their ability to defend themselves is hindered (if/when they are mentally prepared to defend themselves) it's likely to keep happening just because it's obviously an effective way to gain a lot of attention while throwing a lethal temper tantrum.

While I may have missed it (if it's happened), I'm not sure I can recall a mass shooting having ever occurred at/in a police station -- ambushing/attacking officers on duty has happened (far too frequently), but charging into a police station? Not sure I've every heard of that outside of a Hollywood movie script. Much like there's rarely much randomness involved in the act (though it does happen as seen in the 1915 Brunswick Massacre example above).

(rather wish this was $0.02 of mine that wasn't possible to expend in an opinion on current events)

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #25  
I just wish for once and for all, the MSM would understand that nobody that uses a weapon professionally for Assault, uses a Semi Automatic. Generally speaking, NO SUCH THING!

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #26  
If somebody attach me in work place, I am capable of answering with the same force.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #27  
Apparently the :censored:'s mother had alerted police last year.

I don't think it helps that the media reports the shootings the way that they do a baseball game, complete with statistics.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #28  
Apparently the :censored:'s mother had alerted police last year.

I don't think it helps that the media reports the shootings the way that they do a baseball game, complete with statistics.

The media is part of the problem - stoking anger and hatred. Just listen carefully to the words they use. On both sides.

MoKelly

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #29  
I thought Indiana had the Jake Laird law (red flag law). If the mother notified law enforcement, I wonder how things went with that?

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #30  
The media is part of the problem - stoking anger and hatred. Just listen carefully to the words they use. On both sides.

MoKelly
I agree. Much to my point on the resting place thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.