Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #91  
There's a difference between mental illness and insanity.
Although there may be differences between “right mind”, “mentally ill” and “insane”, I am using all 3 to describe the similar type of person for the purposes of this discussion

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #92  
Maybe some, but that loss of control, enough to kill multiple people (mass murder) is enough to indicate underlying mental illness. Its a complete loss of mental control. It was probably always there.
Im not saying ALL mass murderers are insane, I’m saying the majority are.
Crimes of passion, where a guy kills another guy sleeping with his wife are a good example of a momentary loss of control, but those are not mass murders either, like someone walking into a public place and killing 10 people.
I don't know the data/stats, but I'm willing to bet that more people are killed by random acts of violence annually with firearms than all the people combined by "mass shootings" over the last 50 years.

I'd be willing to bet (with no data keep in mind) that at least 20-30% of the muder rate with firearms is black on black violence in inner cities, and the majority of those perpetrators are under 30 years in age.

The problem? Street crime where minorities kill each other with guns don't make national headlines.

3 closest "cities" to me are Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point. I swear to God, it seems like every night on the news you hear about someone dying of gun violence, and it's generally inter city black youth on inter city black youth.

Someone kills a bunch of people, it's national headlines. A girl is shot by accident on her porch from a errant bullet from a drive buy shooting, it's only the local papers who print it.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #93  
I don't know the data/stats, but I'm willing to bet that more people are killed by random acts of violence annually with firearms than all the people combined by "mass shootings" over the last 50 years.

I'd be willing to bet (with no data keep in mind) that at least 20-30% of the muder rate with firearms is black on black violence in inner cities, and the majority of those perpetrators are under 30 years in age.

The problem? Street crime where minorities kill each other with guns don't make national headlines.

3 closest "cities" to me are Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point. I swear to God, it seems like every night on the news you hear about someone dying of gun violence, and it's generally inter city black youth on inter city black youth.

Someone kills a bunch of people, it's national headlines. A girl is shot by accident on her porch from a errant bullet from a drive buy shooting, it's only the local papers who print it.

I was just looking at crime statistics of the inner cities and the minority population bears a huge, disproportionate amount of violent gun crime.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #94  
Although there may be differences between “right mind”, “mentally ill” and “insane”, I am using all 3 to describe the similar type of person for the purposes of this discussion
I understand that now. However, for the purposes of a discussion doesn't work in court. I agree that someone that could commit an act like that is "off". However, in court, those terms are not interchangeable. They are very specific. To be deemed insane, it has to be proven that the person does not know the difference between right and wrong at the time of the crime. Most of these mass shooting perpetrators do know the difference between right and wrong at the time of the crime. Most of them spend considerable time planning the act. They are not insane. To be proven mentally ill is different from being proven insane. Mental illness is not a defense in court. Being proven insane due to mental illness is. Insanity is a legal concept. Mentally ill is a clinical or medical concept. See the difference?

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #95  
Relax, were not in a court....
Im not a lawyer, but I am using them to all mean the same thing.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #96  
If you start looking at total gun deaths in the U.S., it's something like 60% of gun deaths are suicide, and a tad less than 40% are murder.

Now you can then break down that 40% into types of crimes. Robberies, altercations, domestic, etc.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #97  
Relax, were not in a court....
Im not a lawyer, but I am using them to all mean the same thing.
No need to relax. I'm calm as can be. Painting a metal bumper to replace the rusted out one on our 2013 Impala. Waiting for paint to dry. Boring. :rolleyes:

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #98  
I was just looking at crime statistics of the inner cities and the minority population bears a huge, disproportionate amount of violent gun crime.
At the end of the day, that kind of crime doesn't make headlines and sell news unless the news can spin it as a hate or race crime of some sort IMO.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #100  
So, what you're saying is if you own a firearm, which is what most Americans believe as a God given right, you are under the orders of your government and if you don't follow those orders, you don't have a right to own a firearm?

The problem with balancing everyones individual freedoms is that it can be a be itch sometimes.
Don't get wrapped up in religious BS. God didn't invent firearms, people did. The ability to form a militia is a collective right for the defense of the state against invasion or insurrection. Some state constitutions, like mine, include self defense as part of the RKBA, but some states do not.

Without responsibility, there is no freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.