Why are people in Indianapolis going postal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #141  
I took many stats courses in college, thank you.
I am reposting someone elses stats, so its not chicken s. to claim they could be wrong. If that were the case, there would be a heck of a lot of chicken s. on this website lol
Nobody would be able to just post stats like that without research and citing sources.
Misinterpreted? When? Where?
I identified the sources each and every time.

Agree, I wouldnt want to be one, either.
I generally don't post stats to "prove a point" because I think I have a basic concept on the interpretation of statistics to know how skewed they can be until you dig deeper than what you find on the internet.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #142  
I don't disagree with you.

But the reality is the police do make mistakes, and sometimes innocent lives are lost due to those mistakes, and it seems with todays technology, we're learning more about those mistakes.

Look at the Windsor police stop on the black Lt. With their weapons on the subject, they want his hands out of the window, but then they also want him out of the car when his seat belt is on. Exactly how do you do that with your hands outside of the window (as he was following orders)?

LEO's are just like regular people. You have some good ones and you have some bad ones.
Cops are humans. They have some training, but when you have to make a decision in 1/4 second, it’s going to result in mistakes sometimes.
Im actually one to believe there isn’t MORE mistakes!
The guy in the army was making a big spectacle. The cops were mad because he wouldn’t pull over after a miles or more of him not obeying the cops! All he had to do was say “officer, I can’t exit the car, my seat belt is fastened“. Instead of doing that, he decided to ask the cops questions. That’s not the way it works. They ask the question, smart people answer them and obey their orders.
Those cops were both reprimanded or dismissed.
That’s how it should be.

How many of these incidents where you see felons or law breakers resisting arrest and fighting with cops would still be alive if they didn’t resist arrest?

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #143  
The guy in the army was making a big spectacle. The cops were mad because he wouldn’t pull over after a miles or more of him not obeying the cops! All he had to do was say “officer, I can’t exit the car, my seat belt is fastened“. Instead of doing that, he decided to ask the cops questions. That’s not the way it works. They ask the question, smart people answer them and obey their orders.
Those cops were both reprimanded or dismissed.
That’s how it should be.
Actually, the LT in Virginia drove for less than a mile, below the speed limit, with his flashers on. He was looking to pull over in a well lit area than a non lighted area off the side of the road (from what I've read).

It was the newbie cop who I believe turned on his lights to pull him over. If you watch the video, the newbie cop showed more common sense trying to deescalate the situation per his comments than the "long term" LEO who came in to assist. The newbie cop kept his job, the prick got terminated, rightfully so IMO.

I don't have the stats, but I'm guessing if your black and your pulled over, the intensity level on the LEO's side doing the pulling over goes up.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #144  
Might be some truth to that. Maybe if the gangsta wrap and Hollywood culture glamorizing killing cops and the constant news media drumbeat about all cops being bad and all white people are racist would subside, some of this would go away.
Only a dope would believe that with all the glamorizing of resisting arrest and fighting with cops wouldnt result in more deaths.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #145  
Many of them we made- i.e., sending them into Vietnam and other conflicts we had no business sticking our noses into.
I think veterans are most susceptible to suicide, not mass murder. Vets I know with PTSD

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #146  
All falls back to the definition of “mentally ill” and who’s crime statistics you believe.
We have a few TBN members whose first reaction to a statement is to start cutting and pasting articles and statistics. That’s fine, so long as you understand theres reasons behind creating those articles and statistics. 99% of the time it’s to shape public opinion.
And those who cite the articles know that. They are just being a tool.

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #147  
Kind of makes you wonder where your taxes are going.
Paying Lawsuits, Oakland Raiders Stadium, public employee retirements, etc...

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #148  
I take it you've never taken a statistics class?

When you post a stat to apparently make a point, and then claim it's not your stat if it could be misinterpreted, that's a little chicken s to me ;)

Personally, I wouldn't want to be a black man pulled over on the side of the road if I know I'm a law abiding citizen. All one has to do is look to the town of Windsor, Virginia to see why I can come to that conclusion as a white man.
White motorists pulled over in non white neighborhoods...

Police say they don’t belong so suspicious...

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #149  
I use to get pulled over all the time... yes sir, no sir, out of car, body search, ok to search car... etc. Always said OK and 10 to 30 minutes later sent on my way.

I’ve been on about a dozen ride alongs... it’s not a game and compliance is your best stance.

Everyone wants to home after shift...

/ Why are people in Indianapolis going postal. #150  
Actually, the LT in Virginia drove for less than a mile, below the speed limit, with his flashers on. He was looking to pull over in a well lit area than a non lighted area off the side of the road (from what I've read).

It was the newbie cop who I believe turned on his lights to pull him over. If you watch the video, the newbie cop showed more common sense trying to deescalate the situation per his comments than the "long term" LEO who came in to assist. The newbie cop kept his job, the prick got terminated, rightfully so IMO.

I don't have the stats, but I'm guessing if your black and your pulled over, the intensity level on the LEO's side doing the pulling over goes up.
I agree, but for what reason do you believe that?

Status
Not open for further replies.