What do you do with stump once removed?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
So I took out a 12 inch stump the other day and with its roots, that's over two feet in diameter. Moved it to the fire pit but it's taking longer than expected to burn (it's been dead and cut down a few years ago). What do you do with your removed stumps?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #3  
My son's burn pit has a tuyere, a 6" pipe in a trench extending from the surface to the bottom of the pit. He runs a 5-amp bouncy-house blower as the fan. The forced air makes the fire burn hotter (and cleaner). As I recall, a 2' diameter tree stump with a 6' diameter rootball took around 12 hours to be reduced to about 10" cube.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #6  
Yard art! Can you drop if somewhere for fish habitat?

/ What do you do with stump once removed?
Yard art! Can you drop if somewhere for fish habitat?
That reminds me, in the lake, about 100 feet from the shore, there's a cut stump right side up that is just deep enough that a boat propeller can hit it and break a shear pin (happened to my brother in law). I tried to move it by attaching a rope around it and pull it further down the lake but my boat simply turned around it. I wondered what a tree that size (about 16") was doing so far from the shore. Now I know how it got there lol.

I can use my tractor's backhoe to move it to the lake but not sure how to move it further down the lake though. There is enough sand and rocks mixed with the roots that it will probably sink so not sure my boat can drag it further down the lake.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #9  
I have burned them but some places don't allow that for the amount of smoke they produce.