What do you do with stump once removed?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #11  
That reminds me, in the lake, about 100 feet from the shore, there's a cut stump right side up that is just deep enough that a boat propeller can hit it and break a shear pin (happened to my brother in law). I tried to move it by attaching a rope around it and pull it further down the lake but my boat simply turned around it. I wondered what a tree that size (about 16") was doing so far from the shore. Now I know how it got there lol.

I can use my tractor's backhoe to move it to the lake but not sure how to move it further down the lake though. There is enough sand and rocks mixed with the roots that it will probably sink so not sure my boat can drag it further down the lake.
Take it out on the ice. ;)

That's what a lot of conservation clubs do with old Christmas trees.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #12  
I burn some but I have been stacking the large ones up along the property line.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #13  
You have to get the dirt out for them to burn. A 12” stump you should be able to get pretty much completely clean.
IMG_9970.JPG

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #14  
I burn some but I have been stacking the large ones up along the property line.
That's what I do with all of my prunings, leaves, dirt, broken concrete, old Christmas trees, etc. I pile it up along the back of our property and pile leaves over it. We've been here 25 years and there's a 3' berm the width of the property with pokey branches sticking out of it. Keeps neighbor kids from coming into our yard from that direction. Works great.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #15  
That's what I do with all of my prunings, leaves, dirt, broken concrete, old Christmas trees, etc. I pile it up along the back of our property and pile leaves over it. We've been here 25 years and there's a 3' berm the width of the property with pokey branches sticking out of it. Keeps neighbor kids from coming into our yard from that direction. Works great.

The last land I cleared the local gun club was expanding the berm and said they’d take them. I dumped a bunch out there
IMG_8753.JPG

/ What do you do with stump once removed?

Wonder how thick the ice is required to be to support a 4000lb tractor with a few hundred pounds stump. Also, many snowmobiles travel on the lake in winter. Try explaining that you hit a tree in the middle of the lake o_O

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #17  

I grew up in WI. Driving on the ice was something fun to do while you froze to death. My older brother lives on a deep lake outside of Milwaukee.

That's exacty what they did, park it and let it sink in the spring. They were doing it in the 60s Divers have found old railroad cars, old autos and trucks and 100s of years of human garbage at the bottom.

Out of site, out of mind.

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #18  
I have 11 monsters, I made a ring and call it stump henge, a pagan calendar.

Down here they have stump dumps. Builders take them there as a quick and expensive way to dispose of them.

I wonder what happens to them at the stump dump?

/ What do you do with stump once removed? #19  
Sit back and watch them decompose!

Attachments

• 2B522090-B23F-44C7-B41F-C03D8C9D83E8.jpeg
    2B522090-B23F-44C7-B41F-C03D8C9D83E8.jpeg
    530.2 KB · Views: 177
  • 261701DE-F9B7-4796-8CBF-06F42799D2A1.jpeg
    261701DE-F9B7-4796-8CBF-06F42799D2A1.jpeg
    635.9 KB · Views: 174