Quick couplers

/ Quick couplers #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
My new to me tractor has these couplers for the rear remotes.

D208886B-89B7-4613-9BE1-69D6042CB542.jpeg

I believe these are the correct make couplers to use, the ones with the pointy poppet.

4CD1786E-1630-4FD4-864A-3410D1605FD4.jpeg

However I have a pile of these couplers in my shop. I tested one, tractor off no hose attached, and they seem to fit fine. Are these with the ball ok to use with my tractor or should I get the pointy ones?
026F4C99-9FB2-439A-BCC2-37086498B19C.jpeg

/ Quick couplers #2  
either design will work, the pointed ones will at times couple up easier.
That said that same profile is made in several diameters

/ Quick couplers #4  
You can technically interchange poppet and ball style tips, but most would advise against it.

/ Quick couplers #6  
My tractor came with poppet remotes, and the dealer sold me a TnT kit that has ball-style connectors on its hoses. They work fine, as they're both "Ag" series. Note that there's a poppet style in the 6600 series which have a different shape and will not interconnect, but they would be quite obvious as they're slightly different diameter and wouldn't lock on.

/ Quick couplers #7  
I have 1995 1070 tractor with a 440 loader. This tractor was in pretty bad shape. I replaced all the rubber hydraulic hoses on the loader. Pulled a bonehead move and didn't mark which hose goes to which quick connect. Can anyone schematic or way to figure out the order?

/ Quick couplers #8  
either design will work, the pointed ones will at times couple up easier.
That said that same profile is made in several diameters
^^^ Yes. I have both types and they both work fine. The pointy type are designed to be able to hook up under residual pressure if you tend to face that issue.

/ Quick couplers #9  
I have 1995 1070 tractor with a 440 loader. This tractor was in pretty bad shape. I replaced all the rubber hydraulic hoses on the loader. Pulled a bonehead move and didn't mark which hose goes to which quick connect. Can anyone schematic or way to figure out the order?
Pretty sure if you hook it up and the controls are backwards or on the wrong function, you just need to reverse the connections.
On the valve body you should be able to tell which connectors are paired, but even if everything is hooked completely wrong, nothing at all will work, rotate the hose connections until you get dump, and then swap if the control is reversed, or get used to the reverse and mess with everyone who tries to use the tractor in the future :cool: