Newb questions re: MT345E

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #11  
Congrats! Thats gonna be an awesome machine for you. Start slowly.

Check all the loader bolts and wheel lug bolts for proper torque asap. Check fluid levels and scan around for leaks like a hawk for the first several hours of use. Read your owners manual front to back. I would buy it with the spare fluids and filters you need for the 50 hour service, always good to have those on hand.

And finally, POST LOTS OF PICS! Of your land, too.

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #12  
I bought a mt350 a year ago and it has been fantastic. Tough machine that has given me no problems and has done everything i've asked it to do without issue. I use it mostly with a Uniforest/Hudson logging winch to pull out cut and downed trees and you'd be amazed at the weight this can pull. Good luck with the new machine and trust me it'll do everything you ask it to do and more.

/ Newb questions re: MT345E
Thanks for the tips. I will have to look into that winch. This tractor is going to be used for dragging a lot of logs around. Arrives tomorrow! I am like a kid on Christmas eve...

I noticed the neighboring property had a couple of tractor implements buried under the blackberry vines, look like they haven't moved in 10 years. I asked the neighbor and he said he has no use for them and that I am welcome to them. Turns out to be a Deere 5ft rotary cutter/brush hog and a post hole digger. Two implements that I wanted to get from the dealer, before blowing my whole budget on the bigger tractor. Must be a sign!!

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #14  
Enjoy your tractor. Several years ago I had a piece of property logged. I cut the tops up and sold firewood. There was more money in the firewood than the tree tops. I don't know what kind of trees you have there, but mine were mostly oak. I enjoyed the work and extra $

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #15  
Heres a pic of the winch, and what it can pull....mt350 with loaded rears- slow and steady and it can pull almost anything within reason

Attachments

• winch1.jpg
    winch1.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 165
  • beech.jpg
    beech.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
Well, the mt350 arrived last week and my only complaint is not having enough time to play with it!
The grappler is awesome and is going to be very useful. Still getting the hang of the box blade... I’ve been practicing on some washboard in the driveway, and created a flat gravel pad for the kids trampoline in the yard.
I think I could really use that winch. Haven’t used the pto yet. Need to get some earplugs for the wife 😁

B32B9180-30A2-4CDA-AF28-87696A1DA636.jpeg
BA8D356A-5548-4C41-B5F2-F42CC5C5BB07.jpeg
EB15ED84-668F-4945-8D6A-68DA0DC3122B.jpeg

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #18  
Great looking tractor! Congratulations! Hope you find some more time to play...

/ Newb questions re: MT345E #19  
WHOOHOOOO!! Congrats!

Soon that tractor will be like an extension of your arm. You'll know the exact location of every lever and button by muscle memory

As always, I appreciate the feedback. A couple more newb questions/observations about general ownership for you guys:
1. Sticker on the hood says “always idle for 1 minute when starting, and idle for two minutes before shutting down.” Is that true regardless of the tractor being warm or cold?
2. When you guys need to jump off the tractor for one to ten minutes and mess with something, then get back in the seat and resume operations, do you shut the motor off? Or let it idle? Or leave it at full rpm?
3. Micah at Town and Country Tractor (my dealer, highly recommended) says to always operate at around 2200, but I see a lot of guys on here are doing loader work at 1500-1800rpm. Micah says that is too low. Thoughts?