sprayer with separate concentrate tank

/ sprayer with separate concentrate tank #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I've got a sprayer with a separate concentrate tank. The unit combines water and concentrate as it sprays. You control the amount of concentrate by an adjustment knob.

To me the benefit is i can just dump the remaining clean water and put the remaining concentrate back on the shelf, leaving it in its dedicated little tank. Problem there is I need a tank for round up and another for cross bow. Possibly more in the future?

Anyone know of a simple way to check the mix as it exits the Sprayer? Yesterday I sprayed some into a-clean jar but hard to tell. It was kinda foamy and smelly but......you could say the same thing about me! Id been spraying for hours, everything smelled.

I'm thinking dye in the Concentrate?

/ sprayer with separate concentrate tank #2  
Should be able to measure the amount of gallons of water used compared to ounces of product used.

/ sprayer with separate concentrate tank
Should be able to measure the amount of gallons of water used compared to ounces of product used.
thx much and

yea i thought of that but.....i might try

it does burn thru 25 gallons of water pretty fast!

/ sprayer with separate concentrate tank #4  
I was always nervous about getting the sprayer tanks completely clean. Especially when Roundup was previously used. Seen a few guys wipe out some swaths of crop not getting 100% of the roundup out before switching to broadleaf or liquid N.

I was always nervous about getting the sprayer tanks completely clean. Especially when Roundup was previously used. Seen a few guys wipe out some swaths of crop not getting 100% of the roundup out before switching to broadleaf or liquid N.
yup....

The solution there is to buy another or additional tank$.. In my case i expect to only spray round up and crossbow so, i only need 2 concentrate tanks and keep them marked.

/ sprayer with separate concentrate tank #6  
yup....

The solution there is to buy another or additional tank$.. In my case i expect to only spray round up and crossbow so, i only need 2 concentrate tanks and keep them marked.
That’s what I did. Then spraying got so big for me, I decided to sub it to another friend who farms and sprays. I don’t like the liability anymore. Here’s my Demco.

1619265660890.jpeg

Attachments

• 5DA71D48-FE9C-4FF2-896D-EC79B3BCC2CF.jpeg
    5DA71D48-FE9C-4FF2-896D-EC79B3BCC2CF.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
  • F354F9D0-EE3F-4C1C-949A-319C74794416.jpeg
    F354F9D0-EE3F-4C1C-949A-319C74794416.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • E3AC1CC4-4126-4C63-839C-1A71EE9C5072.jpeg
    E3AC1CC4-4126-4C63-839C-1A71EE9C5072.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 73
   / sprayer with separate concentrate tank #7  
probably have the same 25 gal chapin mixes on exit sprayer. We used it this week on our 6 acres, and wondered the same. If I turned the mix to ZERO and sprayed the ground for a few seconds, there was no foaming (once the line was clear) then set it at 3, there was foaming, so I could tell it was mixing. As far as accuracy, I have no idea. This guy did some testing on it... HERE

probably have the same 25 gal chapin mixes on exit sprayer. We used it this week on our 6 acres, and wondered the same. If I turned the mix to ZERO and sprayed the ground for a few seconds, there was no foaming (once the line was clear) then set it at 3, there was foaming, so I could tell it was mixing. As far as accuracy, I have no idea. This guy did some testing on it... HERE
yup, chapin

thx!!