Had checkbook in hand but No sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Had checkbook in hand but No sale #11  
I went to my Jd dealer today to buy a tractor. Unfortunately the sales guy I got the quote from wasn’t there. Different sales guy meets me I tell him I’m looking at a1025r. He says I’m working up a quote right now for someone else. He says tractor loader mower for 18,500. I’m thinking ( to myself) cool $200 less than first quote. I asked him to answer a couple of question I had , he did so but I started getting the vibe I was annoying him. So I said let’s go inside and do it up. He sits down starts on paperwork. Meantime the guy he shares an office with is calling someone in management. I hear his side of the conversation only but basically he’s making sure not to undercut a sister dealer and making them aware of what he priced a tractor to customer. My sales guy finishes up and writes $19000 on a post it note and slides it over to me. I ask him what’s this he says that’s your quote plus tax. I in formed him I already had a quote from here and reminded him he said 18,500 in parking lot. He claims the 18, 500 was for a 54 inch deck. Anyway it turned me sour so I’m off to look more.
So go back to the first salesman. I wouldn't pay to much attention to John Deere haters. If they are more expensive there must be a reason.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #13  
Saving few hundred or even couple of thousand is fine, but I think it's more important to make sure you buy the right make & model for your own needs so that you will be satisfied in the long run and keep it.
Buying the wrong one and having to sell or trade in year or two later will usually cost lot more and involves another sales tax payment in most states.

By the way, couple of my neighbors have JD 1025R and it looks pretty nice and apparently suits them well, but looks like a very small tractor in my opinion.

Like my old boss would probably say: "Good for the city folks"

Last edited:
   / Had checkbook in hand but No sale #14  
18 for a new tractor... Must be small. I just bought another brand and 18 was the down payment. :p

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #15  
So go back to the first salesman. I wouldn't pay to much attention to John Deere haters. If they are more expensive there must be a reason.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #17  
Yea , go on telling yourself that, Getting sick of 5030 also.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale
I made a deal today on a Jd 1025 r. I went back to a different dealer whom I had also gotten a quote from. The dealer I went with was also in the same “network” of dealers. However this one was across the state line with cheaper taxes. Kicker is he doesn’t have one on the lot but said he can have one in a couple days. I almost bet the tractor I end up with will be transferred from the dealer that I took my checkbook to originally. I’m paying $700 less out the door to boot.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #19  
I made a deal today on a Jd 1025 r. I went back to a different dealer whom I had also gotten a quote from. The dealer I went with was also in the same “network” of dealers. However this one was across the state line with cheaper taxes. Kicker is he doesn’t have one on the lot but said he can have one in a couple days. I almost bet the tractor I end up with will be transferred from the dealer that I took my checkbook to originally. I’m paying $700 less out the door to boot.
Good deal.Post some pics..

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #20  
I made a deal today on a Jd 1025 r. I went back to a different dealer whom I had also gotten a quote from. The dealer I went with was also in the same “network” of dealers. However this one was across the state line with cheaper taxes.

Credit for Sales or Use Tax Paid in Another State​

If you have already paid sales or use tax to another state on a purchase, those taxes already paid may be credited against the use tax you owe to Tennessee. If you purchase goods in a state with a lower sales tax rate and pay the other state’s sales tax, you would only owe use tax on the difference between Tennessee’s rate and the other state’s rate. If you purchase goods in a state with a higher sales tax rate and pay the other state’s sales tax, you would not owe any use tax in Tennessee on those goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.