Had checkbook in hand but No sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Had checkbook in hand but No sale #71  
We spend time in Florida - Oct-March.

Great state.

Great people.

Very busy all the time. Action orientated!

MoKelly

I'm a certified diver, I fished, swam, went to the Beach in my boat when I wasn't fishing (Florida, north of the Keys isn't that great for diving), spear-fished (you gotta 'peg' em or they'll take for a ride. And watch out for sharks), I've gator-hunted, hunted-hunted (i don't kill things for fun but I looked the part. I'l bust a hog. They're good eating [I will kill for food but not for fun])....... The boar's don't taste good unless you go through a whole proces of leaving them on ice (skinned out) until it melts, replace, repeat. Not worth it IMO. Sometimes you can get a 'bar' Hog. They're pretty good.

Things I can't remember or won't admit to :) Hate Golf. Hate, hate hate it hate it hate hate it.

Too old for that activity now and even if I weren't, you can't near the boat ramps or the beaches and all the property is being built up with more condos for the northern cellulite crowd. You need a gallon of eye-bleach to go near the beaches anymore. If the beached whales don't blind you with their white skin, they'll kill your eyesight with extreme wrinkled ugliness.

In May, they start to leave. Happy Days!! And you can go to the Beaches. The most beautiful women in the world live in Florida. Not even close.

They don't sit around and get fat all winter and a lot of activities down here include water and bathing suits, even in 'winter'. For those, and several other reasons, Florida girls stay in shape much better.

Been over 43 years and to be blunt, I'm over it. Especially the crowds. Mostly the crowds and the fat people. Partly the summers. It isn't that Hurricanes scare me. They don't. I sat outside in the garage with a Jack and Coke and watched Charley go through here like a locomotive.

Give it a few minutes --

What I hate, and what I fear, is when we lose power for 10 days. People, let me tell you..... When it's 95 degrees and 97% humidity, it sucks being without A/C, refrigerators, Ice. the ability to cook, to take a warm shower.... It sucks.

Sorry for the rant.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #73  
Hopefully, 5030 has no intention of turning this useful forum into Facebook. I left Facebook for that reason . . . more 5030s, and this forum will be unreadable too.
VERY TRUE.To good to be true just ask him.To bad the mods don't delete some of his degrading posts like they do to others on this site.Maybe when you hit the 10,000 post limit you are golden..:rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Had checkbook in hand but No sale #74  
We spend time in Florida - Oct-March.

Great state.

Great people.

Very busy all the time. Action orientated!

MoKelly
I feel the same way about the Blue Ridge Mountains... Glad you enjoy FLA !!!

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #75  
I feel the same way about the Blue Ridge Mountains... Glad you enjoy FLA !!!

Right now, I'd take the Blue Ridge Mountains in a hot second. But that's mostly because I've been here 44 years and done everything I want to do. But I love the idea of Blue Ridge Mountains. Spent a week in Blue Ridge Georgia. Beautiful place. Absolutley gorgeous.

To get an idea of what Florida used to be like, watch the Movie 'Porkys'

It is an absolute roller. I mean a knee-slapping, belly-busting good time movie.

WARNING! It is definitely an MA rated film. Mostly for language not for overt sexual acts as much as teen-age language and some visuals.

If you don't hurt yourself laughing, something is wrong with you.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #76  
Interesting. I wonder under what authority MS auditors could check TN books? There was a similar situation between MA and NH. There is no sales tax in NH so many people from MA drive to NH to shop. MA DOR wanted to audit Town Fair Tire books in NH. In the end, courts told MA to take a hike.
Many states have reciprocal agreements concerning sales taxes. They will sometimes tip each other off on offenders.

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #77  
When the state of Massachusetts (taxachusetts) stated that the wanted all those new hampshire tire stores to pay the taxes from Mass register cars to Mass. The NH Governor said fine but mass need to refund all the taxes that new hampshire residence have paid, (no sales tax in NH). It got quite after that.

I hear many years ago that Mass state troopers were told to leave or be arrested when they were staking out the new hampshire liquor stores. (imagine all the state taxes bars can avoid buying in a tax free state).

/ Had checkbook in hand but No sale #78  
Hopefully, 5030 has no intention of turning this useful forum into Facebook. I left Facebook for that reason . . . more 5030s, and this forum will be unreadable too.
Two words for the uninitiated.... kiss off

Status
Not open for further replies.