First use on my new 1025R

/ First use on my new 1025R #1  

cperky

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r with 120r front end loader, Hustler zero turn mower
My new tractor has 2.5 hours on the clock now. .2 when I brought it home. I took the loader off easy Peasy! Mowed the lawn. Great improvement as far as comfort compared to my older 42 inch hustler ZT. Also so much better on the slopes I have been dealing with. I felt much more comfortable and in control while mowing. I didn’t bypass the push to reverse function yet and it wasn’t to bad. I may still use the zip tie on the switch method , but wanted to try it first. I mowed a bit with the ROPS up then lowed them. Much better with them down as I went under overhanging limbs. I was quite pleased with the turning radius on the tractor. It doesn’t compare to a ZT but it’s one of the many features that sold me on the Deere even though it cost a little more than other brands. I did take the deck off and re installed it. It was a bit of a pain the first time. I think it will get better with practice. When re installing the loader about 3 hours after removing all went well except the black hydraulic line. I couldn’t get it pushed in. All others went on easy. When removing loader I made sure to let the pressure off the lines. I think the black one was in the sun and built up pressure. I resorted to a light tap with a hammer on the end of the line to relieve pressure. It went on fine after that.
All in all , after my first day I’m pleased with my purchase! I feel like I chose the correct size and features for my needs. Next test will be some loader work!

/ First use on my new 1025R #2  
My new tractor has 2.5 hours on the clock now. .2 when I brought it home. I took the loader off easy Peasy! Mowed the lawn. Great improvement as far as comfort compared to my older 42 inch hustler ZT. Also so much better on the slopes I have been dealing with. I felt much more comfortable and in control while mowing. I didn’t bypass the push to reverse function yet and it wasn’t to bad. I may still use the zip tie on the switch method , but wanted to try it first. I mowed a bit with the ROPS up then lowed them. Much better with them down as I went under overhanging limbs. I was quite pleased with the turning radius on the tractor. It doesn’t compare to a ZT but it’s one of the many features that sold me on the Deere even though it cost a little more than other brands. I did take the deck off and re installed it. It was a bit of a pain the first time. I think it will get better with practice. When re installing the loader about 3 hours after removing all went well except the black hydraulic line. I couldn’t get it pushed in. All others went on easy. When removing loader I made sure to let the pressure off the lines. I think the black one was in the sun and built up pressure. I resorted to a light tap with a hammer on the end of the line to relieve pressure. It went on fine after that.
All in all , after my first day I’m pleased with my purchase! I feel like I chose the correct size and features for my needs. Next test will be some loader work!
Better to loosen it rather than damage the plunger

/ First use on my new 1025R
I’ll give that a try if it happens again. Didn’t think of loosening it. Appreciate the input!

/ First use on my new 1025R #4  
They make a special tool for that. I just take mine off inside.

/ First use on my new 1025R
They make a special tool for that. I just take mine off inside.
A tool for loosening the line , or for relieving pressure? Any idea what the tool is called?

/ First use on my new 1025R #9  
I still use the word xerox for a copy, I’m not promoting a company, just using it as a generic term. I guess I could start using “the internet search engine of your choice being gender neutral of course”. Maybe that’s more politically correct.

/ First use on my new 1025R #10  
I still use the word xerox for a copy, I’m not promoting a company, just using it as a generic term. I guess I could start using “the internet search engine of your choice being gender neutral of course”. Maybe that’s more politically correct.

Ha!

I use Kleenex for tissue and Band-Aid for bandages.

MoKelly