Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions??

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #11  
I have seen this on Cat and Detroit parts as well as on my dozer. On Cat parts it will go by arrangement number, on Detroits it goes by the spec label/tag on the valve cover or generator label. Falk marine gears and clutches are similar. It's a big-ass headache too because sometimes there is a part number change with no change in the part. This is all to keep trade secrets and competition on their toes (and job security for others). So it's really important to include year, make, model, and serial number(s) of the machine for any part you're ordering.
True story: When I was a marine engine dealer in the '70's I would get calls for parts for a "blue" engine. After awhile it ceased being funny.
I was in parts at a CAT dealer for a few years and understand the importance of correct machine ID. It was the same for medium duty GM trucks. If you didn't have the line sheets finding the right part was just a guess. VERY difficult to convince customers that no, "they are not all the same". Even the mechanics needed a refresher course from time to time. I have never encountered CAT using the same number for different parts.

Our biggest headache is we had farm equipment too. Every time a manufacturer sold or consolidated, the new corporation in charge issued new part numbers and sometimes tried to consolidate the total number down. But if you looked up a Farmall bearing and the book said #123 what you didn't have any way to know that Massey had changed that number to 567 and there were 3 on the shelf that would work just fine. Bad situation for the dealer and the customer.

Then there was the opposite where a manufacturer would make machines for another brand, kind of like our situation with Jinma making all kinds of brands. I remember ordering a shaft for a baler that the guy swore up and down was a Heston. The part didn't fit. Ordered another, same thing. Finally convinced the customer to bring in the old part. Called tech support with calipers in hand. Spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. When tech support asked for the machine serial # the customer got really testy about it. Of course he had repeated "they are all the same" so many times we thought about getting him license plates that said that. Come to find out, he had a Case bailer (made by Heston) but several of the parts were spec'ed differently for Case. This was a Case only part and obsolete. I called the Case dealer and confirmed that the customer had been there and knew that but still put our dealership through hell even though we couldn't get the part for him. (the names and numbers above were changed to protect the innocent)

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #12  
I would check the whole mechanism To see if the twisted shaft is the proper one Or was installed incorrectly.

Just from looks it would seem the lift arm arm was seated to far on the splines Or maybe the lift arm had to narrow a fit on the splines??

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #13  
I would check the whole mechanism To see if the twisted shaft is the proper one Or was installed incorrectly.

Just from looks it would seem the lift arm arm was seated to far on the splines Or maybe the lift arm had to narrow a fit on the splines??
I think he was pulling stumps with the left lift arm. Both sides work together, so how would only one side get torqued?

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #14  
I was in parts at a CAT dealer for a few years and understand the importance of correct machine ID. It was the same for medium duty GM trucks. If you didn't have the line sheets finding the right part was just a guess. VERY difficult to convince customers that no, "they are not all the same". Even the mechanics needed a refresher course from time to time. I have never encountered CAT using the same number for different parts.

Our biggest headache is we had farm equipment too. Every time a manufacturer sold or consolidated, the new corporation in charge issued new part numbers and sometimes tried to consolidate the total number down. But if you looked up a Farmall bearing and the book said #123 what you didn't have any way to know that Massey had changed that number to 567 and there were 3 on the shelf that would work just fine. Bad situation for the dealer and the customer.

Then there was the opposite where a manufacturer would make machines for another brand, kind of like our situation with Jinma making all kinds of brands. I remember ordering a shaft for a baler that the guy swore up and down was a Heston. The part didn't fit. Ordered another, same thing. Finally convinced the customer to bring in the old part. Called tech support with calipers in hand. Spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. When tech support asked for the machine serial # the customer got really testy about it. Of course he had repeated "they are all the same" so many times we thought about getting him license plates that said that. Come to find out, he had a Case bailer (made by Heston) but several of the parts were spec'ed differently for Case. This was a Case only part and obsolete. I called the Case dealer and confirmed that the customer had been there and knew that but still put our dealership through hell even though we couldn't get the part for him. (the names and numbers above were changed to protect the innocent)
It's been years but I remember most of it. A ship I was on had two Cat 3408's with SR4 generators. One of them was the emergency generator which had a high Kw rating and was radiator cooled, the other lower rated one was water-to-water heat exchanger cooled. There were several pieces of tubing and related O-rings for the jacket water side that were a different fitment, yet had the same part numbers, but it was dependent on the arrangement and serial numbers. I had started working with Cats since '65 when my daughter was born. First time I ever encountered it. A real learning experience. Went through a three month dealer Cat school in '65 also, they never said anything about it. Nor at the Cat school in Peoria in '76.

Last edited:
   / Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #15  
I think he was pulling stumps with the left lift arm. Both sides work together, so how would only one side get torqued?
Yeah, it looks like only about half the length of the splines were engaged. More force than they could take at half of the rated contact area.

Last edited:
   / Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #16  
It's been years but I remember most of it. A ship I was on had two Cat 3408's with SR4 generators. One of them was the emergency generator which had a high Kw rating and was radiator cooled, the other lower rated one was water-to-water heat exchanger cooled. There were several pieces of tubing and related O-rings for the jacket water side that were a different fitment, yet had the same part numbers, but it was dependent on the arrangement and serial numbers. I had started working with Cats since '65 when my daughter was born. First time I ever encountered it. A real learning experience. Went through a three month dealer Cat school in '65 also, they never said anything about it. Nor at the Cat school in Peoria in '76.
Wow! That is a story for the books. I wonder if two engineers were working on the separate assemblies at the same time and both managed to get the same "open number" ? I'll bet worse things have happened! We should get a cold drink sometime and swap "war stories from the parts department". Cheers!

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions??
Thanks for everyone's quick reply. Long story short without dissing any parts supplier, a big thank you Tommy at Affordable. Recieved the correct shaft today and installed it.

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #18  
Well, it was an interesting thread.
The OP ended up getting the shaft and he was pleased. :)

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #19  
What I found curious is that in post #3 he said contacted Affordable (Tommy) and had no luck. Oh well, glad he's back up and running.

/ Jinma 3pt lift shaft (15" not the 14") Having no luck in a new one. Mine is so twisted. Any suggestions?? #20  
I think he checked with us on the part number no mention of length . We have never had a 14" lift shaft but good to know there's one available if someone needs it. Glad we could help in getting the issues resolved for the end user. We have 3- different JX0707 oil filters too, crazy they just change the part not the number. Never hurts to have all info when needing parts.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales Co.
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
www.affordabletractorsalesco.com
979-865-4002