New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP!

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP!
Congratulations on the new LS MT40 ! What part of the world are you from ?
Thanks so much! I live about 45 minutes northeast of Seattle.

G'day and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

With horses and paddocks to maintain I'd suggest your next implement purchases are a drag harrow and round-bale spears. :)

Enjoy the site.
Hello, and thanks for the welcome. Also thanks for the tips! Round bales present a bit of a storage problem for me so I'm still using 3-strand 120lbs hay bales, which fit perfectly in the bucket. But that drag harrow you mentioned? It's next on the list, after the cultivator. Do you recommend a drag harrow and if so, is there a specific tine length you recommend? Many thanks in advance for whatever details you can give.

Don't forget to post some videos using the LS implements too!
Oh thanks, I will! I'm going to hook up the brush cutter for the first time soon!

Welcome!

Check the front axle fluid level every few hours for the first 20 hours. A few of us have had to add about a quart total before it stabilized. Air pockets that are slow to work out has been the most logical explanation I have read so far.
And the dipstick is on the left (drivers) side attached to the nut on top of the axle, not the blue breather on the right side.
Thank you so much, Bearsixty7, for this tip. I had no idea about this issue until you mentioned it. Do you recommend a certain brand of axle fluid? Also, a quick question. Have you ever had trouble opening the hood on the MT240 HE? I press the button but there is no feeling of release, and the hood won't open. I have a call into the dealership but they haven't called me back yet. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #18  
Thank you so much, Bearsixty7, for this tip. I had no idea about this issue until you mentioned it. Do you recommend a certain brand of axle fluid?
I use Amsoil almost exclusively in my machines. But any high quality 80W oil, I believe it calls for GL4 spec. verify in your manual.

Also, a quick question. Have you ever had trouble opening the hood on the MT240 HE? I press the button but there is no feeling of release, and the hood won't open. I have a call into the dealership but they haven't called me back yet. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
You may need to push down on the hood and press the button then spray some WD40 or equivalent on the latch mechanism. I spray mine with Amsoil Metal protector occasionally.

I use Amsoil almost exclusively in my machines. But any high quality 80W oil, I believe it calls for GL4 spec. verify in your manual.

You may need to push down on the hood and press the button then spray some WD40 or equivalent on the latch mechanism. I spray mine with Amsoil Metal protector occasionally.
Thank you so much--really appreciate it! I have two other questions, if it's okay. (1) Although I am a gal of a certain age, I do have a bit of mechanical experience. In my younger years I rebuilt 2 V-8s from the block up, rewired a 1960 MGA harness, and replaced a variety of parts i.e. water pumps, flywheels, pressure plates, clutch, caburettors, mostly on MG's (go figure) etc. But I am completely new to tractors. I plan on doing all the maintenance myself and hopefully can manage minor repairs. Would you recommend that I get the service manual? (2) Would you recommend getting an impact wrench? If so, do you recommend an electric or air? Thank you again for all your help. It is a Godsend when you can't get a call back from the dealer.

/ New to the group, new to tractors, love my LS MT240E – 40HP! #20  
Thank you so much--really appreciate it! I have two other questions, if it's okay. (1) Although I am a gal of a certain age, I do have a bit of mechanical experience. In my younger years I rebuilt 2 V-8s from the block up, rewired a 1960 MGA harness, and replaced a variety of parts i.e. water pumps, flywheels, pressure plates, clutch, caburettors, mostly on MG's (go figure) etc. But I am completely new to tractors. I plan on doing all the maintenance myself and hopefully can manage minor repairs. Would you recommend that I get the service manual? (2) Would you recommend getting an impact wrench? If so, do you recommend an electric or air? Thank you again for all your help. It is a Godsend when you can't get a call back from the dealer.
You are most welcome!

It's always good to have the service manual, so yes. Your dealer should be able to get you one or at least a digital (PDF) one. That's what I have.
A good torque wrench and the proper metric sockets may be more important. You need to be able to torque the lugnuts and wheel nuts to about 165 lb ft if I recall.

I believe you will need a 24mm and a 27mm at least, I'm not home to verify right now.

I do have a M18 FUEL™ 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit and it has been more handy than I imagined but not so much for the MT240, but just in general. I have used it to remove a front tire quickly when I had a flat as well as trailer wheels for inspection and bearing maintenance, even used it to get the water heater anode out for replacement!