1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have?

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #1  

Stewbuntu

Tractor
kubota mx6000
What regrets donyou have and wish you had known. For example I dont want to pay $3k later for rwar hydraulics when its 1k now at purchase. I can easily transport it though.

Amazon Universal backhoe mechanical thumbs were $200 vs Kubota was $1000. hydraulic thumb was $350 vs Kubota 3k.

Can I save on the 2k proce for Kubota quick change on the backhoe buckets? Maybe an aftermarket system is cheaper and better???

I'm thinking do the open station mx5400 instead of the mx6000 to save money or maybe the L4701, depends on whats available. We are getting a backhoe for my specifics and need the larger backhoe so a L3901 is too small.

Buy used box blade or finance?
Get rear or front hydraulics financed?
Used forks or financed?
Air ride - I have soent a few dozen days on a friends tractor moving dirt, digging, etc. I felt beat up after a day moving dirt on my friends 5 series deer. Once I get in my truck its like riding in a Cadillac vs the tractor will a air ride seat base option help much? My dad won't be able to handle a day like ones I had.

I wont need a brush hog, could maybe barely use a wood chipper, maybe post hole digger, but 24" to 52" under the dirt is bedrock on my ridge and boulders all over. probably won't buy either. Maybe log splitter but I dont plan to have a wood stove any time soon.

Will get the roof $650, bucket chain hooks $250, forks, backhoe w 12" and 24" bucket (for ez flow 24" drain pipe installs), not sure about arm rest costs.

Can I get two hydraulic lines to feed the backhoe for faster and more movements at once?

What else is universal I should save money and get elsewhere? Besides model #s and transmission types how can I be frugal? Install my own LED pods from Amazon is super easy for me. What else? What about a universal after market super comfy seat that leans back?

Is there a golf cart type roll down/zip cover with isenglas clear plastic windows I can drape over the roof for occasional rain or snow?

How much is upper adjustable 3 point hitch arm for box blade adjusting. And is it worth it vs twisting the adjustable arm. Our new property has bad roads I plan to fix up over time. One guy said is was real nice.

Do you guys know of a kill switch, fuze pull etc to.keep it from getting stolen. A plan thats easy for me but makes steeling hard for others. Disconnecting the battery cable every day wont work for me and ia a pretty easy fix. Maybe a hidden kill switch on the ignition wire?

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #2  
I can't come at you from experience, as I have just purchased my first tractor. I only have an acre of land to tend to but I do have various tasks in mind for it.

I decided up front to add everything I thought I might some day have a need for. I added the rear remote valves, third function valve, cruise control, wheel weights, and canopy.

I may want to get a sprayer and spray ferts, pre emergent, pesticides or fungicides, and iron. That'll be easier with the cruise control.

I want a hydraulic top link, hence the rear remotes. I also just wanna make sure I've got room to expand, and if I ever find myself wanting to use a rear implement that needs hydraulic control, I want to be able to.

Same thing for the third function valve, but I also think I want to add "the thumb" to my forks and my bucket, and may want a dedicated grapple. Even if I don't, it's there!

I'm not sure the price for those additions came out any better than adding it myself later, but this way it'll already be on there, and I have enough projects to deal with.

They are filling my tires and I may not need the wheel weights, in fact I may remove them. But they were pretty cheap up front and I'll have them in case I need them.

I have seen soft sided enclosures for our canopies. Sort of like those that go on a golf cart. They weren't cheap, but certainly nowhere near the price of the cab. I could see myself adding one for winter use. I hate cold weather, and it doesn't even really get that cold here in SC .

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #3  
Why not consider a Kubota 'Grand L' L4760/naturally aspirated or L5460/turbo in parallel with the MX? Most of the goodies you want, and more, come in the Grand L package.

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #4  
Get the 2 rear remotes or if available 3 or 4. You'll probably never think you have too many!
Definitely get the 3rd function installed while cheaper (Front hydraulics).
The hydraulic top link is a great time saver and labor reducer. I use it for any 3pt implement in one way or another, to level or pitch it or to gain extra clearance when loading on a trailer or crossing a ditch.
A canopy is a big plus for protection from the scorching sun or down pour you get caught in.

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #5  
Why not consider a Kubota 'Grand L' L4760/naturally aspirated or L5460/turbo in parallel with the MX? Most of the goodies you want, and more, come in the Grand L package.
I have a Kubota L48TLB (model no longer sold), and I know nothing about the "Grand L", though I do understand that it is a deluxe model.
That said: For the tractor itself, it is absolutely cost effective to make the initial purchase of the tractor, with every option you might possibly want.
Later added options can be extremely costly!

Order with at least 2 rear remotes, plus a (front) 3rd function!
Get the factory Kubota backhoe and factory Kubota HYDRAULIC thumb.......don't cheap out on this!.
It will be a pricey package, but you will have no regrets!

I have two smaller older Fords, and they are good, but my Kubota L48TLB (48HP) is excellent!

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #6  
Put together a list of requirements and wants. The go shopping. Do lots of shopping.

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #7  
The Hydraulic Thumb was one of the best things that I ordered up front
I wish I would have added at least 2 rear remotes. I am looking into them now. Get the Front Quick connect (skid steer type) & the front remote.
All the other stuff rear attachments , front attachments can be purchased later
I do like EA attachments and I consider them 1st before going anywhere else.
I have their Box Blade and Front Forks and will be getting more from them as I need things.
My next order from EA will more than likely have the Wicked Tooth Bar in it.
Good luck on what you choose.
Tractors are like the Swiss Army Knife of Equipment. Your mind is the only limitation on what they can do for you.

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #8  
If you’re financing, try to determine your needs/requirements and add those to the tractor now, as it will save you money down the road.

I’m not sure your budget but, if you’re considering the L4701, I’d suggest looking at the MX5400 or Grand L for only a bit more money.

Mike

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #9  
What regrets donyou have and wish you had known. For example I dont want to pay $3k later for rwar hydraulics when its 1k now at purchase. I can easily transport it though.

Amazon Universal backhoe mechanical thumbs were $200 vs Kubota was $1000. hydraulic thumb was $350 vs Kubota 3k.

Can I save on the 2k proce for Kubota quick change on the backhoe buckets? Maybe an aftermarket system is cheaper and better???

I'm thinking do the open station mx5400 instead of the mx6000 to save money or maybe the L4701, depends on whats available. We are getting a backhoe for my specifics and need the larger backhoe so a L3901 is too small.

Buy used box blade or finance?
Get rear or front hydraulics financed?
Used forks or financed?
Air ride - I have soent a few dozen days on a friends tractor moving dirt, digging, etc. I felt beat up after a day moving dirt on my friends 5 series deer. Once I get in my truck its like riding in a Cadillac vs the tractor will a air ride seat base option help much? My dad won't be able to handle a day like ones I had.

I wont need a brush hog, could maybe barely use a wood chipper, maybe post hole digger, but 24" to 52" under the dirt is bedrock on my ridge and boulders all over. probably won't buy either. Maybe log splitter but I dont plan to have a wood stove any time soon.

Will get the roof $650, bucket chain hooks $250, forks, backhoe w 12" and 24" bucket (for ez flow 24" drain pipe installs), not sure about arm rest costs.

Can I get two hydraulic lines to feed the backhoe for faster and more movements at once?

What else is universal I should save money and get elsewhere? Besides model #s and transmission types how can I be frugal? Install my own LED pods from Amazon is super easy for me. What else? What about a universal after market super comfy seat that leans back?

Is there a golf cart type roll down/zip cover with isenglas clear plastic windows I can drape over the roof for occasional rain or snow?

How much is upper adjustable 3 point hitch arm for box blade adjusting. And is it worth it vs twisting the adjustable arm. Our new property has bad roads I plan to fix up over time. One guy said is was real nice.

Do you guys know of a kill switch, fuze pull etc to.keep it from getting stolen. A plan thats easy for me but makes steeling hard for others. Disconnecting the battery cable every day wont work for me and ia a pretty easy fix. Maybe a hidden kill switch on the ignition wire?

If you are considering the L4701 get the MX5400, even if you have to wait a few months.
Attachments buy from (Temporarily blocked due to reports of company closure) but plan on waiting 3 months after ordering. I did get a Landpride rotary cutter (RCR2660) and QH15 from Kubota.
I would get a 3rd function, rear remotes, and fluid filled tires installed by the dealer. That cost will be included in your loan.
Sign up with NCHA (National Cutting Horse Association) and use membership for the 20% Equine discount.
If you are able get your ag exemption to avoid paying taxes on your tractor purchase.

/ 1st tractor I will buy. What tips do you have? #10  
For attachments I'm saving up cash, and in some cases utilizing Paypal Credit and 0% financing if I pay off in 6 months. For example I'm not sure if I'll have the willpower to wait until I save up all the cash for a wicked grapple. I have half, I may do PPC and pay half off now, pay the rest off in 6 mos or less interest free. For most implements I'll be able to just use cash for. I decided I'd rather do that than be locked in for the duration of my tractor payment at a larger payment amount.