How did you meet your spouse.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
My wife's birthday was yesterday and it got me thinking. Next year we will have been together 50 years. This is what's seems so unusual, since my 94 yo mother told it a few years ago.
My Dad (rip) worked at Sears and every Christmas had an employee family Christmas party. I started going as a little kid and never was one of those "girls are gross or have cooties" boys . There was this cute little girl there and we always made faces at each other. I thought she was really cute! What's strange is as Mom said that kid later became my wife. Her Mom worked at Sears also.
When my grandparents moved to Virginia in the 1930s also odd they rented a house a few houses away from in-laws house they bought in1932.
Later when we met it was the Forth of July!!! (fireworks, bells,etc.).

Any how did you meet stories would be interesting.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #2  
Not a surprise - we met at work. She was the auditor and I was the finance person in charge of the Annual Report.

We were married 29 years ago May 2.

MoKelly

/ How did you meet your spouse.
Not a surprise - we met at work. She was the auditor and I was the finance person in charge of the Annual Report.

We were married 29 years ago May 2.

MoKelly
Congratulations!

/ How did you meet your spouse. #7  
Wife and I met 54 years ago when we were both 15. Her and her best friend came by the garage where the band I was in practiced just before her 15th birthday. I went to a football game with her friend but she wasn't interested in a second date.

We were asked to play at the birthday party for my wife's 15th birthday. She and I hit it off and dated throughout our teens.

We split up at 20 and I moved to a different town.

I went to visit her after a few years and we went back and forth writing each other for a while. I asked her to marry me when we were 24. She moved in with me and we married in 1976. Will enjoy our 45th anniversary this year.

Last edited:
   / How did you meet your spouse. #8  
We both met on vacation at the ocean. You could say I caught the best catch of my life! It'll be 30 yrs May 11th! And yes, where has the time gone!

/ How did you meet your spouse. #9  
Met mine in a military chapel about 41 years ago. Her father was a senior officer (O-6) living on base. I almost fled....In a couple of weeks it will have been 39 years married. She still likes me most of the time;);)

/ How did you meet your spouse. #10  
I meet my better half at a gas station 28yrs ago... which one of my best friends worked at so I would hangout with him during his shift & bs... Although up to that point we hadn't met she was also great friends with Scott.... She showed up one night walked in & started talked some crap about the jerk who left his crazy dog lose in the back of his truck... (yeah the dog was mine - he controlled the truck.. long story)... We had words... about the dog (& the truck) she left... then 10 minutes later her car pulls up again & her friend runs in looks at me & says "this is for you" & throws me a piece of paper with a number on it... I picked it up & handed it back to her & said if she wants to talk, she know where I am, what my truck looks likel & tell her my dogs name is KC... & off her friend went.

For the past 13yrs I've been married to my best friend... yes we were together 15yr prior to getting married... I'm like wine... & acquired taste... :ROFLMAO: (she will definitely not agree... she likes wine way better)...