New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #131  
Nope... clean is here and better; those not moving forward with it will be left behind.
Hey Steppie....

Ya think, I don't but then you are entitled to your opinion.

Having said that, why don't you buy me one and I'll use it. I hear the JD edition is 60grand plus.

Probably chump change for you.

I'll need a spare battery pack too. 6 hours don't cut it for me.

/ New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #133  
I am just going to say that a 30-50hp electric tractor sounds amazing for me. I assume it will be much quieter than my tractor and my ears aren't getting any better. I would love to be able to have a conversation without turning the tractor off. Charge time and run time sounds great, but I have a hard time getting more than 4-5 hours of work in at a time anyway. Nearly 100% of our local energy is hydro, so its pretty clean.

As far as the future goes, I think that eventually there will be non-diesel tractors that are better than our current ones (all of them). I just don't think we are there quite yet. However, having options isn't a bad thing.

For emissions then I have know that this particular replacement might not turn the tide of greenhouse gas emissions, but every little bit helps. I would imagine that for maybe everyone but someone on 100% coal, the energy used to produce the charge is probably a little cleaner overall than burning the diesel fuel.

For the big picture, something like 54% of greenhouses gasses come from transportation and electricity generation, so those should be our targets first. Personally I think that modern nuclear could be a big help, but I also know that every wind and solar plant gets us closer. Electric cars and trucks can help, as can requiring those generators who can't change (air and sea travel) to contribute to reducing emissions in other sectors. I would love for my kids to be able to enjoy the environment as much as I have. We shouldn't let perfect be the enemy of good.

/ New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #134  
Hey Steppie....

Having said that, why don't you buy me one and I'll use it. I hear the JD edition is 60grand plus.

Well, yeah technology is gonna move forward no matter what. If not here (probabaly not) then we'll copy or import it from other Countries.

I like clean. I LOVE clean. Clean house, clean yard, clean water, clean air, clean neighborhood, clean women. I just don't like the College Sophomore mentality that is taking over the movement.

Aren't these the same geniuses that said we were all gonna freeze to death back in the 70's? Sho 'nuff is. But they'll claim they didn't have the 'science' back then that we have today (they do). They give 'science' a bad name. And I didn't even bring up the Hadley Emails. They circled the wagons on that one, too. Kinda like when they 'fact-checked' the Babylon Bee. Numerous times. bunches

Now the most rogue organization on the Planet is claiming that freezetone is causing globull warming by contributing to 'greenhouse' gases. What about the 'nuclear winter' that was supposed to be caused by them??? Wasn't it just a few years ago that 'scientists' were claiming that freon was causig a hole in the atmosphere in Antarctica that allowed our protective atmospheric shield to leak out and expose us to gamma rays and solar flares and martians and Loki and all kinds of deadly and dangerous stuff?

On a related note..... I LOVE technology. We need more of it. If that means giving up our diesel tractors for battery-powered, I'm all for it. My ears will be grateful.

But like I always say when people bring up hypotheticals --

tenor.gif

/ New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #135  
For the big picture, something like 54% of greenhouses gasses come from transportation and electricity generation,
96% (at least, almost certainly more) of the CO2 in the atmosphere is created naturally. Billions of tons of it come from the oceans, decomposition, etc.

Some estimate humanity creates only .0016 of CO2 to the atmosphere. I don't know. I'm not a 'scientist' but I do know when someone is peeing down my neck and tells me it's just raining

/ New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #137  
Hey Steppie....

I wasn't belittling you, clean and green is here buddy. All electric and AI is taking over, watch and see.... We can embrace it, or move deeper into our caves. Besides... If I had your money, I would burn mine... ;)

/ New Tractor Company as if we didn't have enough #140  
96% (at least, almost certainly more) of the CO2 in the atmosphere is created naturally. Billions of tons of it come from the oceans, decomposition, etc.

Some estimate humanity creates only .0016 of CO2 to the atmosphere. I don't know. I'm not a 'scientist' but I do know when someone is peeing down my neck and tells me it's just raining
Some?
Who is some?
My numbers came from the EPA Overview of Greenhouse Gases | US EPA

Greenhouse gases include more than CO2 (though we are primarily talking about CO2).
Estimates for preindustrial CO2 range for 250-300 ppm. In 2019 measured CO2 was 409 ppm. Climate Change: Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide | NOAA Climate.gov.

Status
Not open for further replies.