New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #1  

Nickelpickel

Tractor
Kubota L3901
Need help here, took possession of new L3901 HST wouldn’t start for me at 50.4 hrs which was 1st time I checked Transmission fluid and it was low a full 3liters, filled it up started and ran great. Now did I really burn thru 1/2 my total transmission fluid with moderate break in action or was this tractor delivered new with low transmission fluid. My neglect or Kubotas? It’s very important should I require warranty work and by the way there is no warning light for low transmission fluid it just wouldn’t turnover at all -nothing.

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #2  
Did you attach any big hydraulic implements? They would draw down the machine's reservoir and it would need to be replenished. I had a neighbor run into that -- he was not aware that the implements would subtract from the reservoir. Although 3L sounds like a lot it could happen with a few implements.

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil
I did lots of sand digging hauling sand with loader and occasional box blade work and lastly some grapple work but mostly digging till it often would quit on me

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #4  
My 5075e was delivered to me a full 5 gallons low. I’m going to get an oil scan at 250 hours. I caught mine fairly early. Even though I dont think 3 liters is much, you really should consider getting an oil scan on it from your dealer even if they make you pay for it.

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #5  
I'm curious-why would low hyd oil cause a no-start condition?

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #6  
I did lots of sand digging hauling sand with loader and occasional box blade work and lastly some grapple work but mostly digging till it often would quit on me

Did you add more fluid after the grapple was installed?

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #7  
You'll be fine, the trans capacity is over 23L so 3L low isn't that bad. Sometimes there's air pockets that weren't worked out before delivery, or it could be if you added the grapple the cylinders were empty which will take some fluid.

When you checked the fluid level, were the loader and 3pt lowered to the ground?

As for the no start, that isn't related to the low hyd oil level.

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil
Somehow I thought I read 6.2l capacity, I am significantly relieved to hear it’s a 22+liter, I would have the key partial turn and only oil n battery lights came on. Both were checked out n fuses as well. Only after 20+ min rest would it start otherwise from half to full turn not a sound, since 3l dumped in starts right up, so don’t be so sure K hasn’t worked in the low tran fluid NO START

/ New kubota delivered with low Transmission oil #10  
Somehow I thought I read 6.2l capacity, I am significantly relieved to hear it’s a 22+liter, I would have the key partial turn and only oil n battery lights came on. Both were checked out n fuses as well. Only after 20+ min rest would it start otherwise from half to full turn not a sound, since 3l dumped in starts right up, so don’t be so sure K hasn’t worked in the low tran fluid NO START
6.2L is the engine oil capacity i believe, so that might have been the confusion.

Most likely there was a interlock safety switch preventing the starting that was bumped back into place while messing with tractor, not uncommon.

The hyd. fluid level can change quite a bit depending on the hyd. cylinders positions of attachments. If Kubota had a interlock that prevented starting with the hyd. fluid only 3qts low, there would be a LOT of service calls!