Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
Many of us "slide" down, or "slip", in these small tractor seats and it sure is annoying. My B7800 has done that since new and even a factory recall and new seat didn't help much. When I mow the lawn pulling a 7' mower, I slide down and have to pull myself up multiple times. Well, I might have found a fix for that.

I pulled a leg muscle and decided a small throw pillow on the seat might help my leg and it did. Then, I immediately noticed I didn't slide down in the seat. Maybe a little after 30 minutes but nothing like before. Maybe it's the pillow, maybe the fabric or maybe sitting higher changes the slipping dynamics. I don't know but it works for me and stops maybe 95% of my slipping.

It's just a simple pillow I think we bought for the dog. It appears to be small lumpy foam inside and is a slightly thicker fabric. It may or my not work for you so this is FYI only. Picture below.

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 240
Last edited:
   / Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #2  
I use a seatbelt when going up/down hill and don't slide at all.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #3  
I raised the front of the seat on all 3 Kubotas I've had.

EDIT: Here's some info

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat.
Very good, Chim. I either changed the angle just enough to the pillow fabric slowed down the sliding aspect. Either way, great creativeness fixing your seats and that's what I'm going to do. I'm simply all out of mental energy with this sliding seat thing.

I really like Kubota but strongly dislike the seat on my B7800. I have bigger and newer tractors that are OK so is this a smaller tractor thing or maybe an older and smaller tractor thing?

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #6  
The seat belt will definitely do the job!
My ZT SCAG mower has the same issue.
I modified the seat angle/pitch, and moved the seat back 1-1/2"

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #8  
Can you still reach the pedals? :ROFLMAO:

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #9  
   / Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #10  
Depending on what I'm wearing I'll slide. Jeans not so much, but when I'm mowing during the summer I'm usually wearing running shorts so I slide around a lot more. It also doesn't help that I'm 115 lbs soaking wet... yes, I look like I need to eat a healthy dose of junk food... lol

Yeah, the seatbelt helps. I should probably wear it more around my pond and ditches.