Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #101  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
Take the human out all together. Get one of those AI remote tractors. No cab, no height, no driver. Excuse my humour ... I went cabless as too many trees on my aussie property, but now I've cut down all the low branches I wish I had the cab. Do we ever win .... next tractor will be cab.
Cheers from Australia....

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #102  
I regret having the cab about 5 days out of the year. Those are the ones where the temp is about 70, the humidity is low and the sky is cloudless blue. Other than that cab all the way.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #103  
Cab all the way. I dont think ive met more than 2-3 people who regret a cab.
I have met 100's who regret open station.
Safer, cleaner, healthier, more versatile/year round usage, appeals to more at trade time.
I value your comment, but add me to your list of 2-3.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #104  
Wow this thread really exploded today :)

Spring City on Watts Bar lake (90 acres for those of you who asked)

After reading all of these replies I am convinced and bought the cab. I will get it next week.

I also decided to keep the tractor that is on the property as a backup and for times when I need to do work that is closer in to the woods.
It is a Kubota L3000DT that is in a little rough shape, no FEL. Needs a little love but I guess I can make it a project.

I am pretty excited to get it, hopefully made the right choice but I won't regret what I have done :)
I'm in Dayton. Where did you get your tractor, Dooley's in Athens? I worked for a Kubota dealer in AZ for quite a number of years. We also sold NH. Was impressed with the Kubota cab, but only sold a couple of them versus open station.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #105  
I regret having the cab about 5 days out of the year. Those are the ones where the temp is about 70, the humidity is low and the sky is cloudless blue. Other than that cab all the way.
98 days out of 100 ain’t bad ;)

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #106  
Since you're not sure how well you'll adapt to the different seasons there, maybe wait until after you move and get a chance to experience the weather there?

It may be easier to move first and buy the tractor later, so you don't have to figure out the logistics of moving a tractor plus implements.
Excellent Advice. It also depends on West or East TN.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy
I'm in Dayton. Where did you get your tractor, Dooley's in Athens? I worked for a Kubota dealer in AZ for quite a number of years. We also sold NH. Was impressed with the Kubota cab, but only sold a couple of them versus open station.
I ended up getting a Branson from a dealer right in spring city. Pennine farm supply, the 4 Branson dealers I contacted were all within a couple of hundred dollars of each other so I decided to build the local relationship.

So far they have been helpful, but time will tell how the after sale support is.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #108  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
Cabs Are very nice & are necessary in certain conditions! But it also depends on how much seat time your going to have on it in the course of a day & a week as well as exposure to the elements :unsure: ! If your looking at low hours of exposure then You don't need a cab, & if the answer to the 1st question is no! Think of the $$$$$ saved can go toward implements & as long as You have a cup holder you can have a hot or cold drink while going about your task & when You move to middle Tenn. if You are worried about tree limbs ? Invest in a good pole saw & You will need one with or without a cab because of ROPS bar. & I live in the mid Atlantic region so we have both hot & cold seasons , & I personally have not saw the need for a cab. The only time I wished I had one is when it was 20 degrees & the wind gust at 20 mph removing snow :cry:! But those days are few plus you do get some heat off the tractor & all you need to do is dress properly for the elements & if your just working a small amount of property,Just stop & take a break, & You will be surprised how quickly You can adjust to what ever the weather is :cool:! Just be safe& have fun! & welcome to TBN.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #109  

I live in western TN and yes it gets hot and humid. I went with open station and a ROPS mounted shade and it’s not that bad to me😀

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #110  

If you can afford it, get the cab & get the AC. I live in Canada & a cab is not a luxury neither in the brutal cold blowing snow nor in the searing heat cutting grass or other tasks.