Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #841  
Caught "Bullit" on TCM last night. It's a classic that I saw just after it came out when I went to Florida in 1968 with my father to trade airplanes and had to layover. Steve McQueen was great in it, and Jacqueline Bisset was really easy on the eyes.
The next year when we went on vacation in Ft. Lauderdale, I was able to rent a '68 Charger. Was a cool ride.

Attachments

• 1968 Charger #1.jpg
    1968 Charger #1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #842  
Don’t get me started on the chase scene in the movie Bullit. I consider myself a student on that chase scene and the movie in general. It was filmed at real speed but I was disappointed to learn the soundtrack was dubbed. The cars were a 68 Dodge Charger, 440 4 speed and a Mustang with a 390 4 speed. Neither were 100% stock but most of the changes were so they would hold up to the jumps. The well documented Mustang from the movie sold for about a billion dollars at auction recently. $3.4 million actually.

Fair to good movie, great chase scene.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #843  
I love the iconic scene where it shows the guy buckling his seat belt...!

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #844  
Don’t get me started on the chase scene in the movie Bullit. I consider myself a student on that chase scene and the movie in general. It was filmed at real speed but I was disappointed to learn the soundtrack was dubbed. The cars were a 68 Dodge Charger, 440 4 speed and a Mustang with a 390 4 speed. Neither were 100% stock but most of the changes were so they would hold up to the jumps. The well documented Mustang from the movie sold for about a billion dollars at auction recently. $3.4 million actually.

Fair to good movie, great chase scene.
I remember it is fun to count upshifts. Those 4-speeds have at least 16 gears. Plus they pass the same car several times. A VW?

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #845  
I love the iconic scene where it shows the guy buckling his seat belt...!
That is the actual stunt driver in that scene. He does a double take in the rear view mirror right before that. Bill Hickman was the driver and he had other movies he drove in and did a little bit of acting also.

I think in Bullit the upshifts and downshifts are mostly correct. In the movie 7 Ups, not so much, like you say, way to many shifits.

In Bullit that VW was really fast, it got ahead of them more than once. The Charger had spare hub caps also, it lost the same one more than once. It’s also my understanding the scenes don’t work out on the actual streets, you would have to pick them up and set them down somewhere else for it to work.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #846  
That is the actual stunt driver in that scene. He does a double take in the rear view mirror right before that. Bill Hickman was the driver and he had other movies he drove in and did a little bit of acting also.

I think in Bullit the upshifts and downshifts are mostly correct. In the movie 7 Ups, not so much, like you say, way to many shifits.

In Bullit that VW was really fast, it got ahead of them more than once. The Charger had spare hub caps also, it lost the same one more than once. It’s also my understanding the scenes don’t work out on the actual streets, you would have to pick them up and set them down somewhere else for it to work.
I'd read an article about Bill Hickman's driving in Bullit...pretty cool.
Since we're discussing Steve McQueen and crime movies...his "The Getaway" is another great flick. Not as well known as "Bullit", but definitely worth a watch
The remake...pass on that one...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #850  
I'd read an article about Bill Hickman's driving in Bullit...pretty cool.
Since we're discussing Steve McQueen and crime movies...his "The Getaway" is another great flick. Not as well known as "Bullit", but definitely worth a watch
The remake...pass on that one...

One of my favorite scenes from 'The Getaway' is when they get a ride with Slim Pickens in an old beat up truck loaded with utter trash and debris....They pull up to the boarder guard and he says "where are you headed and what are you hauling?"....Slim Pickens replies..."Chihuahua City, building materials"....