Good movies,,, well there are a few.......

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #851  
Back to Bullit and costar appearances....

I have to put Jacqueline Bisset's opening scenes in 'The Deep' as some of the most fascinating in all the mainstream movies...

...With Geena Davis's bikini shots in ' Earth Girls are Easy' a distant second...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #853  
"Thunder Road" was considered pretty good in its day.

I watched that one several times. I really liked the comment Mitchum's character made to his kid brother... something to the effect of "Soon every house is going to be powered by nuclear".

It gives somewhat of an idea how much differently people were thinking back then.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #854  
"Thunder Road" was considered pretty good in its day.

Good flick, not a "great" flick...
The theme song in the movie wasn't sung by Mitchum, but he did a version that was pretty big on the radio...

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #855  
I watched 'The Courier' about a British businessman who was moving info from the Soviet Union to British intelligence about missiles being delivered to Cuba. Pretty good flick, the end was somewhat predictable, but it was a good ride based on real people. The Cuban missile crime was a little bit before my time, this seemed close to what I remember from school.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #856  
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry was pretty good for cars as well, so was Le Mans. Not so great for dialogue.
Don’t get me started on the chase scene in the movie Bullit. I consider myself a student on that chase scene and the movie in general. It was filmed at real speed but I was disappointed to learn the soundtrack was dubbed. The cars were a 68 Dodge Charger, 440 4 speed and a Mustang with a 390 4 speed. Neither were 100% stock but most of the changes were so they would hold up to the jumps. The well documented Mustang from the movie sold for about a billion dollars at auction recently. $3.4 million actually.

Fair to good movie, great chase scene.

/ Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #857  
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry was pretty good for cars as well, so was Le Mans. Not so great for dialogue.
Funny how times change. I first watched this on a late night venue called "Not yet ready for prime time", back in 1982 before I"d even heard of cable television. Another which apparently has developed a cult-like following was "Electroglide in Blue"electroglide in blue - Bing video

They both have tragic endings, just as it looks like the sun is going to shine.

Last edited:
   / Good movies,,, well there are a few....... #860  
I watched that one several times. I really liked the comment Mitchum's character made to his kid brother... something to the effect of "Soon every house is going to be powered by nuclear".

It gives somewhat of an idea how much differently people were thinking back then.
We were saturated with glowing accounts of how great nuclear power was going to be, how cheap, clean and easy it was...why, you could run a train from coast coast on a teaspoon full. I later worked for an energy company who had large nuclear holdings in several capacities, including as a permitting engineer. To make a long story short, IMHO, the nuclear industry, in conjunction with the government, shot themselves in the foot by being too cavalier with safety engineering and too careless with their waste.